Remote access problem, dish website says 722 is offline?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by RollTide1017, Jun 17, 2009.

1. RollTide1017

RollTide1017 AllStar

Oct 12, 2008
    The remote access page on dishnetwork.com reports that my 722 is offline but, my the 722 says it is connected online in the broadband setup menu. The ip address is correct for my home network and I can even access the DishOnline features from my 722 but the website still says offline for remote access.

2. juergen99

juergen99 New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    I am having the same problem. My receiver says that it is online. I have downloaded a free video to the receiver over ethernet. I have called Dish and the rep admitted that he did not know much about remote access because it is new. We went through a bunch of routine troubleshooting things (reboot router, reset receiver, check cables, etc.). He said that it might be the site and try again later. In addition to the Dish site I also tried dish.sling.com with the same results. Have you got it working?

3. ShapeShifter

ShapeShifter Godfather

Apr 21, 2008
    Don't know what to say... just tried it and both 612s are online and talking.

I've never bothered to configure my 722 for remote access. Maybe this is an issue only with 722s?

4. MrC

MrC Legend

Jun 6, 2005
    Did either of you who are having trouble quit and restart your browser?

5. juergen99

juergen99 New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Yes, I also tried Firefox and IE. I even called two different people and had them login to my account from their home with the same result. I bypassed my router all together by plugging the data cable directly into my cable modem to rule out the router. Under Installation, Diagnostics, Analysis, Send Status I get "Call Out Successful". I spent another hour over the phone with another Dish rep with no luck. They are going to send me a home plug network adapter but I don't see how that will work any better.

6. MrC

MrC Legend

Jun 6, 2005
    OK, the reason I asked about browser restart, was that I had the same problem. I had to connect to the sling site, logout of the site, then I could login and connect. I think it was a cookies issue.

7. jbeas5

jbeas5 New Member

Jul 14, 2009
    OK I think i know what the problem is and i am not happy to say that I DO NOT think dish is trying to fix the problem. If you press you menu button 2 times you should get a system info screen. look at the reviver CA ID number see if it matches what is says on dish online but dont worry about the -XX. My guess would be that if you are not able to use the remote access your receiver starts with a R01XXXXXXXX-XX and you will find online it will look like R00XXXXXXXX-XX . If you are finding this to be the case or not the case please post something letting me know.

8. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    Have you tried to access it through dish.sling.com?

9. jbeas5

jbeas5 New Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Yes i have. if you look at the page where you can add a receiver you are not able to enter the R01 they have if fixed to start with a R00. Is your 722 working? If so what does you Id number start with?

10. MrC

MrC Legend

Jun 6, 2005
    FYI: our two "R00..." 722s are working.

11. jbeas5

jbeas5 New Member

Jul 14, 2009
    the new receivers are all starting with the R01 I called dish to see if they can over ride this and get it in to the system right. No luck with that... They also could not give me any clue as to when they might be able to fix this problem. Sucks having brand new stuff when all the testing has not been done.

12. juergen99

juergen99 New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Mine is a 722k with R01. I noticed the 00/01 difference and wondered the same thing. It would be interesting to know if any R01 receivers are working.

13. rddvls1999

rddvls1999 New Member

Jul 15, 2009
    I just got my new 722 last Thursday, and I too have the same problem (my box can shows as being connected, I can ping it, my router sees it, I was even able to setup a reservation on my router to make sure it always got the same IP address), but when I try to access the remote site, it shows as being offline. My receiver # also starts with R01. I called customer support, and they went through the usual bs before being told that I should call my ISP. Nevermind the fact that I have tried this from home, from my neighbors DSL, from my work network, from my works DSL line, as well as from multiple computers (WinXP pro to Vista Enterprise). They seriously need to fix this!

14. jbeas5

jbeas5 New Member

Jul 14, 2009
    I agree and they need to fix this ASAP. I did not know that we were paying for mistakes. I did talk them in to a $10 credit because of this. Maybe if we all start asking for the $10 credit it will get a little more attention. I plan to call several time a week bothering them. Like on my drive home from work would be a great time. I know what the problem is now and there is no reason to be in front to the tv.

15. jbeas5

jbeas5 New Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Looks like they may be trying to fix it!;)

16. juergen99

juergen99 New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    I think I might have a solution (from a post in another forum). Press Menu, 6, 1, 8 to get to broadband setup. This is where it gets weird. At this point my receiver shows two options (0 Cancel, 1 Network Setup). Press 2 anyway and you get a dialog for giving your receiver a nickname. When that is done Press 3 to get a Web Activation dialog. It will give you a number then it tells you to go to dish.sling.com/activate in the next 15 minutes. I then go to the site and it says "Dish Remote Access is unavailable. We are currently upgrading the site. " !?!? I think I finally have a solution but the website is down. :mad:

17. jbeas5

jbeas5 New Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Yea i have seen that it was down. But when it comes back up and if my 722 is not working i will be trying your idea. thanks for the tips!

18. juergen99

juergen99 New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    It was up a few minutes ago so I called my son and he went through the 'secret hidden' menus and gave me a number to use on the sling site. I went to the site and entered the number and it wen to a new page. It had a progress bar and said it was trying to connect to my receiver. It also listed my receiver with a number that wasn't quite my R01- number and it said it was offline. Nothing was happening so I started over but it said the account was invalid. I guess the 15 minute timer timed out. I call my son again to get a new number. I go back to the site and it is down again :mad::confused:

19. juergen99

juergen99 New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    I'm in! :D Try it before it goes down again ;)

20. Jperham

Jperham New Member

Jul 17, 2009
    That just worked for me!!! Thank you!