1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote code for Hitachi LE42s606

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by -Draino-, Mar 11, 2013.

1. -Draino-

-Draino- Godfather

May 18, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I just got a LE42s606 and I can find a code that works properly. The one that almost works is 10566 but if I hit the off button twice the TV turns back on. That doesn't happen on my Sammy.

If I hit the off button once everything turns off....sounds good, but the TV Input button won't work.

I am using a HR22-100 and I have tried all the codes listed and not one of them does it all. If I get the TV input to work the off button only turns off the HR22-100. If I get the TV to turn off with the box, the TV input button won't work.

This is a brand new TV. Any suggestions for a working code that does it all?

2. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    I'll follow this thread too.

I don't recall ever getting a DirecTV remote to run the inputs correctly on a Hitachi, so you're already ahead of me even if the on/off is messed up.

3. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Southern Ca
    Did you program the input key?

1. tv
    2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
    3. enter 9 6 0

4. -Draino-

-Draino- Godfather

May 18, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Yes, but if the TV input works the on/off won't!!!!

Here's the other thing, I can get the TV to do the volume up and TV input making it seem like everything is OK, but when I exit out of everything and press the off button on the remote, the TV won't turn off. BUT if I slide the remote to TV the power button DOES shut the TV off. When I put it back on DirecTV mode and press the on off button I can see the light on the remote flash over to the TV making it seem as though the TV should turn off, but it won't.

5. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Southern Ca
    Since it works in the tv device, but not in the directv, sounds like the combination of the two devices is making the ir signal unrecogizable to the tv. See if this helps:

1. tv
    2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
    3. enter 9 6 3
    4. press CH DOWN

6. -Draino-

-Draino- Godfather

May 18, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Thanks for the reply but that didn't work. I seem to be having the same type of problems that are seen in the http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=207377 thread.

I'm wondering if the HR22-100 is CEC compatible?

I am using a RC64 remote control

7. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Southern Ca
    What your having is something the majority of tv codes have problem with, the ON & OFF keys. They work or they do not, its upto to the code you use and model of tv you have if it works properly. For most, the keys don't work at all, they need to use the middle PWR key in the tv device for both on & off.

8. -Draino-

-Draino- Godfather

May 18, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I was lucky to get code: 10566 to do both at the same time. I only am missing the TV input. For the most part I will never use that function unless I get a Roku Streaming Stick. The factory remote that comes with the TV will work the DTV box and do it all but I have to switch functions on the factory remote for that to happen. I might just get another factory remote for that TV. Either way no one remote will do it all without switching something!

9. -Draino-

-Draino- Godfather

May 18, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Does anyone know if any of the DTV boxes are HDMI CEC enabled??? I'm wondering if this would solve my issue?

10. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    None of the DirecTV receivers support HDMI-CEC

11. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    Do yourself a favor, invest in a remote like Harmony or URC, you will be much happier in the long run.

12. -Draino-

-Draino- Godfather

May 18, 2008
    New Hampshire
    It seems that it matter which remote you have. I can get a RC64RB to work, it turns on the box and tv and it turns both off. I cannot get a RC66 to turn off the tv, except if I switch the remote to TV and use the power button