1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote Over The Air Viewing

Discussion in 'DISH™ OTA Support and Discussion Forum' started by Jim148, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Jim148

Jim148 Godfather

Jun 22, 2004
    I hope this is the correct area to post this in and I hope I am using the correct terminology. Anyway, here goes. I just bought a Dish Network Sling Adapter and that is working great. So well, that it has motivated me to see if I want to do more. The Dish Network Sling Adapter allows remote viewing of the TV2 output, but with three other family members there is the potential for conflict, thus the reason for this post. I would like the ability for a second person to watch over the air content remotely. I suspect that one of my choices would be to simply buy a stand alone Slingbox for TV1 streaming. What are my other choices? I have a couple of networked desktop personal computers. I suspect that if I were to get an over the air ATSC tuner card that I could stream that content.

2. shadough

shadough Icon

Dec 31, 2006
    Why not just use a DTV converter box? easier to hook up to a sling.

3. Jim148

Jim148 Godfather

Jun 22, 2004
    Actually, that was one of the options I was considering. Thanks for the reply!