1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Dash Power, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dash Power

Dash Power Cool Member

Sep 15, 2006
    I have bought a second HD DVR and tried to program the remote to AV 1 or AV 2 and it won't take. Any experience remote people out there for some helpful tips?

Thanks for all answers.

2. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Southern Ca
  3. Dash Power

Dash Power Cool Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Thanks Edmund,

I still can't get er done. The link refers to an "R15" and I have two HR 20's if that makes a difference.

Any other suggestions would help.

Thanks,

John

4. houskamp

houskamp Active Member

Sep 14, 2006
    make sure you cover the other unit well.. I could get a respose thru a postit...

5. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    IR or RF mode?
    I have both of my HR-20s set to RF and use one remote for both. I have only needed to folllow the on screen guide to get it to work.

FWIW: when I screw up I've needed to reset the remote and start over.

6. texasmoose

texasmoose Icon

May 24, 2007
    Will I need anything in addition to these 2 items to get going with RF functionality? I had read the HR20-100 series has an external RF thing-a-ma-jigg, as opposed to the internal one provided w/700 series.

7. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Well yes those are what you need to get it to work.
    Now if you don't have these [and should have gotten them with your unit], you might do what I did & call D*, there is a RF remote "kit" that has a RF remote & antenna. They sent me one of these [for free] and it came with a back-lit remote too, so I can see it in the dark. :D

8. texasmoose

texasmoose Icon

May 24, 2007
    I found the antenna in the original packing box, but no other remote. I'm sure I can get the RC34 from D*.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.