1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

remote workoutaround?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by gregftlaud, May 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregftlaud

gregftlaud Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2005
    anyway hidden tricks to control the hr20, your tv, AND a/v receiver in dtv mode instead of having to slide the control over to av1, av2, etc?

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Not that I'm aware of.

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
  4. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    About the best you can do is this:

In dtv mode it can control the hr20, the tv input, and power I think, and the volume on your av receiver. I find that more than adequate for my situation. Now my tv and av receiver have so many other functions, that it just doesnt seem even remotely feasible to find an inexpensive remote to be able to control all the functions of any of those components without actually switching the dials. The Harmony remotes work great, but a good one is well over $100, which I dont really consider inexpensive amymore.

5. HarleySteve

HarleySteve Cool Member

Jan 17, 2007
    I have the same situation. The HR20 Remote will control the reciever volume and power the tv and HR20 in one press but not the Reciever. I have to slide it over to power the reciever. Would be nice to have it power all three.

6. MrKlaatu

MrKlaatu Godfather

Mar 7, 2007
    Not really the answer you're looking for, but... I recently bought a Harmony 880 remote. It's amazing. Controls everything -- my TV, AV receiver, HR20, Helios x5000, etc. I haven't touched any other remotes since.

7. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Really only a macro capable remote will do what you want, and again, any decent are not really what I consider inexpensive. It gets expensive to be lazy!!!

;)

8. raoul5788

raoul5788 Guest

May 13, 2006
    I was able to get an MX-500 from Amazon for about $60 a couple of years ago. It's usually alot more. Check ebay, also. There are good deals out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.