DBSTalk Forum banner

Remote

790 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Rich 
#1 ·
i am trying to operate my HR23/700 receiver to watch two different tvs one is hooked up to hdmi the other component.Not sure the proper way to set it up I tried in the menu setting up the RF but the remote will not work there must be a sequence setting it up it worked about a month ago any help would be appreciated thanks

#2 ·
To my knowledge you can not operate 2 TVs with 1 remote. You can operate several DTV receivers with 1 remote.

#3 ·
Of course you can. I can do it. Both are Samsung, if that matters. You have to use RF to control the receiver, and be by the TV you want to control. It will change both TVs Directv channel at the same time. I suspect the OP is having issues because he is using HDMI and component at the same time. Last I know you couldn't do that beause the HDMI movie copyright issue won't allow both to be used at the same time.

I generally don't do it because I hate the Genie remote, but that's not an issue for the OP as he has a real Directv remote.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.