1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remotely Set AutoTune Over the Network

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by five, Sep 21, 2012.

1. five

five New Member

Sep 21, 2012
    I think what I am wanting is not possible. Surely I am not the only person in this boat. Even if it's not something natively supported, are there any homebrew options out there?

The scenario:
    It is a commercial account. We have 6 receivers. VIP612 (1) / VIP211K (5). They are located throughout the location in canteens and break areas. Right now the receivers are out of sight on the other side of the wall, to keep people from tuning to whatever they want to. During the week the channels stay on TWC/CNN/FOXNEWS/etc. On the weekend they are auto-tuned to football games. The games aren't always on the same channel. Right now, someone has to go around each Thursday / Friday and auto-tune as much as they can through the EPG. At least a few of them don't always have enough days / cache to program the Sunday games through the EPG and then we have to manually tune to a channel.

I was hoping to use iPhone app or web to setup these auto-tunes, but most of it looks grayed out. I called CSR and got nowhere. Apparently the apps only work with residential accounts to allow the use of the remote control portion.

Any ideas?

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
  3. puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo Hall Of Fame

Sep 2, 2007
    I'm not sure if commercial accounts can use the remote access app or not, but i do know the only receiver you'd be able to program remotely even with a residential account would be the 612.

4. five

five New Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Cool, thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info. The CSR was clueless.

5. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    Do you have broadband connected to the 612? Without broadband any remote app will not work.

6. five

five New Member

Sep 21, 2012
    It's on the local network. I can ping it no problem. But it doesn't show as online on the app on my phone or on the browser, so it doesn't have outside access. And there is really no way to do that. I don't have access to make those changes to the corporate firewall.

7. puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo Hall Of Fame

Sep 2, 2007
    Even showing offline you should still be able to set up new timers for the 612, just won't be able to see what is already set up.