1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

removeing unwanted sat

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by gannet, Aug 31, 2011.

1. gannet

gannet New Member

Aug 31, 2011
    hi there
    could anyone tell me how to delete unwanted satellites from the satellite list on my echostar dsb 808 receiver,
    regards peter

2. Sep 1, 2011 #2 of 10
    MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 18, 2011
    I am not sure what you are looking to do ultimately but you can disconnect the sat in feed and run the Check Switch test. When the error message appears that say you have fewer satellites then previously detected, then save the results and it will clear the satellites from the matrix.

3. Sep 1, 2011 #3 of 10
    P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
  4. Sep 1, 2011 #4 of 10
    MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 18, 2011
    All the receiver boxes work they same way so it will work for him! I did not catch that he was in Scotland!! Very Cool! I love Scots!!

5. Sep 1, 2011 #5 of 10
    P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Those are different, if you could test this one you will see it.

6. Sep 1, 2011 #6 of 10
    gannet

gannet New Member

Aug 31, 2011
    hi mary be yes i am from the west coast of scotland,
    what i want to do is clear three satellites from the sat list on my receiver that i no longer use if thats possible without doing a factory reset,
    regards peter ,

7. Sep 1, 2011 #7 of 10
    P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Did you try setup menu ?

8. gannet

gannet New Member

Aug 31, 2011
    hi there
    i have been in touch with echostar and at long last got a reply and instructions on how to remove sats from saved list so all is well now and thanks for everyone's help very much appreciated
    regards peter.

9. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Peter,

Would be nice of you to _share_ how-to, I'm sure other ppl with same case would appreciate that.

10. gannet

gannet New Member

Aug 31, 2011
    hi there folks
    This is for echostar dsb 808 2ci receiver
    you can delete a satellite or transponder in edit,
    1/ press the OK button on the remote control when in normal viewing mode
    2/ press the yellow button on the remote control select per satellite from the drop down list press OK button,
    3/ press the white button (edit) on the remote control and select delete from the drop down menu and press OK button,
    4/ select the satellite you want deleting and press OK button satellite will be deleted press once on exit button on remote control then select yes save changes

if you want to remove unwanted transponders just select per transponder instead of per satellite when you have pushed the yellow button ,
    and that's it job done hope it will benefit someone else it got me out of trouble,
    regards peter,