Replace HR44 with HR54 and Tidy Complete System

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Drew J Aldridge, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Drew J Aldridge

Drew J Aldridge New Member

Oct 2, 2020
    Hi There, 1st post in the Forum, but have been reading for many years. I want to confirm information that I believe to be true from reading this forum and other research.

I want to replace my older HR24 with my HR44 and install an HR54 that I have on hand where the HR44 was.

It is my understanding that the HR54 will power the SWM as well as put internet onto the coax.

I understand that if I power the SWM with the HR54 I need to move the coax on the splitter for power.

This will allow me to remove the SWM power inserter and the Connected Home Adapter from my system.

I should be left with only the external Wireless Video Bridge for connection to the Genie Mini.

Comments, Suggestions, Corrections. Am I making sense in explaining my goal?

Thanks in advance.

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I want to replace my older HR24 with my HR44 and install an HR54 that I have on hand where the HR44 was.

This is not allowed. No 44 and 54 on same system. Same with the HS17.
    All are considered Genies and only 1 per system.

3. Drew J Aldridge

Oct 2, 2020
    Is a 24 not a Genie then. I have a 24 and 44 currently

Then maybe I'll leave the 24 in place and swap in the HR54. Then are my previous assertions correct?

4. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    You can do that but I would keep the PI and use it. If you only have the HR54 powering it and something happens with the 54 you will lose service on all receivers.

5. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    No a 24 is not a Genie.

6. Drew J Aldridge

Oct 2, 2020
    Thanks for the quick answers.