1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement 942 Problems

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by softwiz, Aug 16, 2005.

  1. softwiz

    softwiz AllStar

    May 11, 2005
    Well, my modem in the 942 gave it up. Had to go through 30 minutes of tests before they would admit there was a problem dialing out.

    Replacement came today. New problem. Remote 2 only works when I'm 2 feet from the antenna.

    The system info screen says that remote 2 is addressed as 1 and A which is correct however it's like the antenna on the back of the receiver isn't attached but it is.

    It's the same remote and antenna as was on the first 942. They only sent a receiver and no other accessories.

    I'm hoping they didn't send me a bum unit.

    Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be.
  2. Holst

    Holst New Member

    Sep 1, 2004
    Now that "Band B" operation is supported in 942 software you could try that. Press SYS INFO on the front of your 942. Open the remote battery cover and switch it over to "B" (switch is to the left of the batteries).

    Press "record" button on the remote. You should now see "UHF Pro Band B" to the right of secondary remote address.

    I've also heard that Band B has a bit more range than Band A. :)
  3. Mark Lamutt

    Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

    Mar 23, 2002
    First, check the remote batteries. If that doesn't do it, try Band B. If that doesn't do it, time for another replacement. If it comes to that, email me what you've been through (2nd replacement), your 942 receiver information, name and phone number. I'll see if I can get it expedited for you. Has to be by Thursday evening, though, as I won't be around after that for a week or so.
  4. softwiz

    softwiz AllStar

    May 11, 2005

    I removed the antenna about 5 times and looked it over. Everything looked good. The final time I put it on, I got an adjustable wrench and tightened it lightly. Walla, it works like a charm. So it appears I needed to tighten it tighter than finger tight on this particular receiver. Lesson learned.

    Now for a new LNB tomorrow morning. One of my lines from the dish is DOA. I've switched them around on the the back of the receiver and the the tuner that cannot receive anything follows the bad cable. I've switched them around on the LNB with the same results. Tech coming out tomorrow between 8 and noon.

    I'll be back to good tomorrow.



Share This Page