1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement Remote Issue

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by John W, Mar 22, 2013.

1. John W

John W Icon

Dec 19, 2005
    Dish sent a replacement remote for our VIP222 after a chat in which ours was determined to be defective. Acted in the chat as though we'd have to return the old one. And in My Shipments a return shipment to Dish is pending. But on the box the new one came in it said if your remote was defective you do not need to return it. No RGA Number no shipping label. Email Dish and reply says yes, it must be returned. Anyone have any thoughts, ideas on this?

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    return and forget

3. Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus Icon

Jul 29, 2011
    Unless there were recent changes the CSR you chatted with was mistaken.
    They never want the remote back lol.

4. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    The DISH techs in the trucks in my area are pretty thorough about collecting extraneous remotes, but having said that, other than customers dropping their service and return kits are sent for receivers, power inserters, LNBs and remotes, I haven't encountered DISH wanting dead remotes back. LOL, it would not surprise me if they suddenly did, however.

BTW, I would NEVER suggest sending back a dead remote in lieu of a good one when helping a client switch from one service to the other and the provider sends a return kit.

:eek2:

5. tommiet

tommiet Godfather

Dec 28, 2005
    Shipping cost on a remote is probably cost more than the remote itself. I end up replacing my remotes about once or twice a year. They just don't hold up to daily use.