Replacing 2 HR 24’s with 2 HR 44’s in my coach

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Mitchell Gallinger, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Mitchell Gallinger

Mitchell Gallinger New Member

Jun 18, 2020
    Hello All:

I am new to this forum and I am not a technical person. My question is as follows:

I have a Winegard
    DIRECTV SWM Slimline HD TRAV'LER Automatic Multi-Satellite TV Antenna(SK-SWM3)
    on the roof of my coach. There is one wire coming down into my coach. I have 2 HR 24’s - one in the front & one in the back. The one in the back is connected by a coax coming from a splitter in the front. Can I replace the 2 HR 24’s with 2 HR 44’s without changing any equipment or wiring or can I only swap out the one in the front?

Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    DIRECTV only allows one Genie to be activated on each account. So you will not be able to have two HR44s.

3. Mitchell Gallinger

Mitchell Gallinger New Member

Jun 18, 2020
    OK. Thanks! So could I still swap out the one in the front without changing any equipment or wiring?

4. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    You can have an HR44 and an HR24. If your two units are currently working SWM, then it should pretty much be plug and play exchange for one of them.

5. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Plus IIRC, the HD Traveller does not (yet?) work with any of the 2nd gen. digital LNBs.

So it couldn't support all the tuners that would be needed by two Genies anyway. ...

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk