Replacing a hd Receiver

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by WestDC, Jul 17, 2019.

1. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    I have a Replacement receiver coming 7/18 D* sent me a link to activate on my phone - it's been over 10 years since I replace one -- Has anyone done it (the WAY) I'm going to do it ? Doe sit remove the old receiver from the account -or do you still have to call in and activate it and have them remove it?.

Thanks for suggestions

2. slice1900

slice1900 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Iowa
    Well you've been around Directv long enough to know that you shouldn't trust Directv's process works properly, so the day after you activate the new receiver you should probably check online to make sure the number of receivers is correct to verify it properly removed the old one.

WestDC likes this.
  3. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I've replaced two HRs since my account was transitioned. Both were supposed to be activated from my phone. First time was perfect. Easy to do and took just a couple minutes. Second one was a nightmare, could not activate it using the phone. Took a few days to get that activated. The ATT CSRs gave up and called in an "old" D* guy who told me they had it so screwed up he had to send a guy out to my house. Guy got here and had it activated within minutes. I wish you luck!

Rich

WestDC likes this.