Requirements for Additional v4109 / 0233 Testing?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - HMC PC Playback Discussion (private)' started by dettxw, May 13, 2008.

1. dettxw

dettxw MRVing

Nov 21, 2007
    Choctaw, OK
    At this time is any additional testing of the HR20 CE and the Playback Client going to do any body any good? Or will the current stuff soon be OBE? :confused:

Last night I got around to some more stressful testing using the desktop PC by downloading HD DoD and also recording mpeg4 HD on the LR DVR while playing back the worst-case OTA mpeg2 HD, and that worked quite well. :)
    Is there any reason to play with PC Playback some more while recording on an additional 2nd tuner along with DoD? Maybe do trickplay on some TV DVR playback while all the other is going on?

Also, do we know yet if the next thing is going to require an HDCP video card/monitor setup like the current Playback client does for HD? Lot of CEers out there would like to get a head start ordering compliant H/W if need be. Just give 'em an excuse to spend some money! :lol:

2. mhayes70

mhayes70 New Member

Mar 21, 2006
    I have done some playing around with it over the weekend on my Vista laptop and had very few issues. I also did some playing around with my desktop which had a lot of red on the test. It was pretty flawless on the SD programs and just a little choppy on HD. So, this last update in my opinion so far has some great fixes in it.