rerun blackout lifted on dishnetwork again

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by newflyer7, Oct 11, 2002.

1. newflyer7

newflyer7 Mentor

Apr 10, 2002
    dishnetwork has now lifted the blackout for all replayed games . we`ll see how long it lasts this time.

2. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Your source?

3. newflyer7

newflyer7 Mentor

Apr 10, 2002
    i am watching replays of nhl games yesterday and today. right now i am watching the washington capitals a 3:30 am . game from last night which they won 5-4

4. hockeynut

hockeynut Cool Member

Oct 8, 2002
    I think the replay aren't supposed to be blacked out? I used to have c-band and except for maybe 1 or 2 FSN's, everything was in the clear?. That's how I used to watch my bruins before I got NESN

Antonio

5. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Are you watching on the RSN or on CI?

6. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Replays arn't shown on NHL CI

7. newflyer7

newflyer7 Mentor

Apr 10, 2002
    watching replays on regional fox sports nets and nesn. also washington caps on comcast.

8. jrbdmb

jrbdmb Icon

Sep 5, 2002
    So far all the NHL replays on DISH have been in the clear. This is in contrast to MLB games, where replays were blacked out. I would guess the contacts with the RSNs or MLB/NHL cause these differences.

Is this different for the NHL than last year? (I can't say as I've only had DISH since August). Also, it'll be interesting to see what DISH does with NBA replays ...

9. newflyer7

newflyer7 Mentor

Apr 10, 2002
    nba games are not blacked out on the replays either. all preseason replays have been not blacked out so far.

10. Zane

Zane Guest

For the NBA, the preseason games are coming in live for me. (This is on Direct with the Fox Sports package). I'm hoping the regular season replays are not blacked out; even though I have NBA League Pass, it's hard to watch all the games at the same time.