RESET A HR54

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by sstv, Aug 13, 2019.

1. sstv

sstv Legend

Jul 30, 2006
    DALLAS TX
    hI aLL
    I think I need to reset my HR54 back to factory default. RBR, pull the plug won't do it. I went on line and found a ATT doc that said to hold in the blue on/off button for 20 sec., that did'nt do it but it did get rid of my problem but this is only a temporary fix.
    As most of you know, I live in Dallas. So lets deal with channels 8,11 and 13. Channel 11 is t CBS,the others do not have a problem. The problem is I can't go to 11.1 which is CBS from any other channel. Lets say you are on channel 202, from the remote you use the keypad for 11.1. 202 goes away and 11.1 comes up but is a Directv logo screen. Now the tricky part, using the remote,hit channel "UP" and 11.1 programs are on the screen. Go back to 202 and hit 8.1, 8.1 comes up OK, hit channel up and 11.1 comes up. you can do the same thing with channel 13.1 but use channel down. I just can't get to channel 11.1 directly. The factory default might correct this. I have a LCC.
    SSTV

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    On the HR24 the option to do what you say you want is in the Menu, Settings, Reset. Then a choice comes up to Reset receiver, or Reset defaults, and the third one is to Reset All ?.
    Note that the last one wipes out everything, settings and preferences, Favorites lists, Recordings.
    Makes it like you just took it out of the box.

3. sstv

sstv Legend

Jul 30, 2006
    DALLAS TX
    Hi
    I tried all of these. The first is like a RBR. The second resets the remote to IR, the third does not wipe out everything.
    SSTV

4. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Reset to factory defaults seems like a drastic step, and it may not resolve the issue. Have you tried using "Quick Tune"? Go to 11.1 and set it as one of the Quick Tune channels. Then see if Quick Tune returns to 11.1 from a different channel.

5. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Have you looked in your Favorites to see if that channel is in there ?
    I have a TV that would go to the "Whole Number" of a channel first, then pressing the up channel it would go to the one I wanted. After I set up the Channels I want, it goes right to each of them.

6. doctor j

doctor j Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 14, 2006
    Birmingham, Al.
    What Channel List is the HR54 set to.
    Are the OTA channels checked in the "list" you are using??

Doctor j

jimmie57 likes this.
  7. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    One or Two things you sold do before considering a total redo.

Firs if have an over the air setup you should go in and rescan the antenna. It’s possible some of your locals have changed freq.

Second, do a RBR then as soon as live tv is back up, do a second one. This will flush all guide data and other ancillary stuff and force it to reload everything, but it will leave recordings, settings, and favorites alone.

Then see how it all behaves.

8. sstv

sstv Legend

Jul 30, 2006
    DALLAS TX
    I use custom one and yes 11.1 is checked

9. sstv

sstv Legend

Jul 30, 2006
    DALLAS TX
    I have rescaned several times and RBR twice quickly, Did not help.

10. sstv

sstv Legend

Jul 30, 2006
    DALLAS TX
    Hi All
    It does not matter now. I got a new HR54, Its all setup now so time will tell if my problem is gone. Thanks everyone for the replies.
    SSTV