1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resume Gone

Discussion in 'DISH™ OTA Support and Discussion Forum' started by DaddyDuke, Nov 26, 2007.

1. DaddyDuke

DaddyDuke Cool Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Has anyone notice we have lost the "Resume" on our Local Channels, if you switch to a live show and then come back to watch the rest of your recorded show you have to start over :(

2. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    Was the show that you returning to being recorded at the time you where first watching it? If so, this is current behavior and something we have requested to be changed. It is the same with Sat.

If are watching something live and then switch to a another program. When you go back to the recording show it does not retain the location you were at.

If you are talking about something else, please provide more details. I personally have not seen this as generic behavior with OTA.

3. DaddyDuke

DaddyDuke Cool Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Good Point Ron, I will do some more recording and see what happens, I went back to a recording we did on 60 min about The Eagles and I noticed that there was a "Resume" on the recording so I will try what you are sugguesting above and see if that is when the "Resume" disappears, glad you have address this,
    Thanks Again Ron
    Duke

4. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    Well it is what I think it is.. It is definitely what one would call a quark in box. I would place this on my top 5 issues I would like to see addressed. The other one would be sticky pause on recorded shows when doing PIP swap.

5. Shield

Shield Legend

Dec 24, 2007
    +1 - I just got the HR-21 today and was recording a NBA game (3.5 hours) and browsing live TV when the game hit commercials. Every time I switched back to the game the "resume" didn't "resume".

Once the live recording was finished, it worked as advertised. This is a HUGE problem though; I like to watch sports about 1/2 hour behind - it's worthless to wait until the next day because I'll read the final score online.

Between this and the horrible way to use the 15 minute "tick" and the poor slow motion interface, the box is ok.

6. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Umm.. You do know this is a Dish forum, right? The HR-21 is a DirecTV receiver.

7. Shield

Shield Legend

Dec 24, 2007

:lol: sorry I guess both companies' DVR have problems....

Sorry, wrong forum..

8. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    No problems... I was just getting confused and wondering if we were actually talking about a Dish receiver problem or not. I haven't seen this particular problem on my receiver, but then again I don't know if I actually tested the specific case the original poster is talking about.