1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retail outlet for Dallas (Plano)?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Geep, Jun 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 4, 2005 #1 of 10
    Geep

Geep New Member

Jun 4, 2005
    Comcast has had outages here for the past three days sporadically. Time to leave. Looking at Dish and heard it's better to get local retailer than go Dish direct.

Need some referrals

Could also use a Club Dish code if anyone has one

2. Jun 4, 2005 #2 of 10
    olgeezer

olgeezer Guest

Dec 5, 2003
    I do

3. Jun 4, 2005 #3 of 10
    Geep

Geep New Member

Jun 4, 2005
    You do what

4. Jun 5, 2005 #4 of 10
    DRJDAN

DRJDAN Legend/Supporter

Apr 28, 2002
    I am in Dallas. I would recommend using Dish vs. a retailer. Dish has local Dish employees that do the installs. I have been very happy with their work.

5. Jun 5, 2005 #5 of 10
    Laverne

Laverne Guest

Feb 17, 2005
    Hello there, Geep! Welcome to DBSTalk!! :welcome_s

I don't live in the area, but I know someone (very wise! ;)) who lives close. I have sent him a message asking about this thread. Hopefully when he gets it, he will be able to provide some insight, as he too has Dish.

6. Jun 5, 2005 #6 of 10
    SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Hall Of Fame

Jan 15, 2004
    And I say just the opposite - a good local retailer will provide you with much better service than the poor DNSC hacks.

7. Jun 5, 2005 #7 of 10
    Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    I agree with Mr. Simon.

8. Jun 5, 2005 #8 of 10
    Geep

Geep New Member

Jun 4, 2005
    And a good local retailer for Dallas is..........

9. Jun 6, 2005 #9 of 10
    DRJDAN

DRJDAN Legend/Supporter

Apr 28, 2002
    I agree that a "good" local dealer would be nice. But they are as good as their installer. That is where the problem is with them using contract installers vs. full time long term employees.

Most resellers are in it for the commision on selling the new subs vs. a long term customer relationship. Once they have sold you and installed you, there is not much addtional they can sell to you. Where Dish has a vested interest in continued service because they are getting a monthly fee. Thus they can afford to keep a full time staff for installing because they also need them to service customers with problems.

Go to Costco and by the Dish install from them at a discount. They are just sales agents. You then contact Dish with the prepaid coupon and they sent out Dish employees to install.

10. bavaria72

bavaria72 I am one too! DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Texas
    Hey Geep. Welcome to DBSTalk. I switched to Dish about 18 months ago (live in Rockwall). I went thru Dish directly and they sent a person out that was driving a Dish truck and he said he worked for Dish. He did a good in stall. About a year ago I upgraded to an 811 but I bought it directly from a reseller and ran my own additional cable from the switch to the 811 (Pretty easy at my house). No matter who you use, I would recommend (if you can) to be there for the install and hang with the installer. My install was on a single story part of my house so I brought him water all of the time and just talked with him. Nice install (except he aimed by 61.5 dish too low). Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.