Retention

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by tndbaird, Aug 25, 2016.

1. tndbaird

tndbaird New Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Columbus Ohio
    I was wondering if anyone has had this problem when trying to get Directv retention. When I call 1-800-531-5000 it asks me the reason for my call. I say I want to cancel. It then asks me if I want to cancel my Directv account or change programming. When I say cancel service it then asks me if I am moving. It then says let me get you to the correct area for your request. The next thing that happens is it asks if you are calling from the phone number you called on and to push 1. When you do that it says let me process your request and it goes back to the what is the reason for you call and it is a never ending loop without talking to anybody.

I went on chat and asked how to get to retention and they told me to call 1-800-824-9081 and gave me a pin. I've done this but I don't know if it was retention I was talking to or not. Anyway I wonder if anyone else has had this happen to them because I think that it is strange.

2. longrider

longrider Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Elizabeth, CO
    That sounds like a programming error in the IVR. Did the people you talked to resolve your problem?

3. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Several have mentioned that the new name is 'Customer Loyalty'.

4. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I was told that...last year? They did admit to it only being a name change.

Rich

5. johnnytex

johnnytex Legend

Jul 20, 2007
    Would you share your PIN?

6. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Shouldn't need a pin if you are calling from the number listed on your account. That's what it was asking for. :)

7. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    When I was working with Case Management a few years ago, they gave me a pin but stated it was a one-time pin. Once I called in and used that, they had to issue another pin. So I'm not sure getting their pin would help anyone else.

8. lenjack

lenjack Cool Member

Nov 14, 2006
    I wanted retention, but the recording wouldn't get me there, so I asked for billing. When it connected, I then asked for retention and got switched over there.

9. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Did you say, "Cancel service"? That seems to work for me.

Rich