1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retrieving Past Recordings

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by 40gordy, Dec 3, 2011.

1. 40gordy

40gordy New Member

Dec 3, 2011
    My previous Dish 722k DVR (OLD) was having problems, so Dish sent me a NEW one. What are the necessary steps to retrieve/download the 30-35 hours of recorded HD shows from the OLD DVR so I don't lose them? I've been advised to purchase a Dish compatible external hard drive (50 GB - 1 TB, USB 2.0).

2. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    An external hard drive is the only way to extract your recordings from your old receiver (granted your old receiver will power up). If you have further questions, please let me know. Thanks.

3. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    You would need the hard drive. COnnect to your old DVR. Pay the $40 EHD fee. Transfer ALL your old stuff from the old DVR to the EHD. Then activate the new receiever.

If you de-activate the old receiver you won't be able to get the data off it.

4. puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo Hall Of Fame

Sep 2, 2007
    The $40 EHD Archive fee is no more, feature is automatically active on all VIP DVR receivers now. There is still a $40 fee for EHD DVR option on the 211/211k/411 models though.

5. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    Neat! I didn't know that. I guess it's too late to ask for a refund from 5 years ago?:D