1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Return of equipment

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by vbush, Jul 13, 2013.

1. vbush

vbush AllStar

Aug 21, 2006
    Texas...
    DTV shipped me a HR44 a couple of weeks ago. When I called to activate I asked them to send a return label so I could return HR21. CSR assured me they did not want it back. She even gave me the web URL for recycling if I didn't have a local electronics recycling center.

Yesterday I received a box for return saying I must immediately return the HR21, remote, and power supply or I would be charged. Thanks to some sage advice I had read on the forum, I had put the HR21 in the closet and planned to keep it for a few months before recycling.

No problem, I can now pull it out of the closet and find an old remote and box them up for return. I will not be returning the power cord as I needed it to connect the AM21 to the HR44.

Just wanted to offer some friendly advice- if DTV tells you they don't want your old equipment you better keep it for a few months to make sure they really don't want it back before you recycle.

2. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    Had a customer request an additional HD receiver, and a return box for her old D12.

So far, we have the HD receiver, and instead of a return box, we have 2 more D12s.

{I think I have it straightened out now, but if I get a third D12, well, I guess it would be a forth D12, I guess I wouldn't be terribly surprised.}

But I really do think I have it straightened out.

Really.

No doubt about it.

All fixed up.

Time to relax and have an iced tea.

!rolling

3. 242424

242424 AllStar

Mar 22, 2012
    Just another one of those pesky computer glitches we hear so much about... One that costs the customer..... lol