Return question.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Andrew Sullivan, Dec 2, 2019 at 2:00 PM.

1. Andrew Sullivan

Andrew Sullivan Active Member

Dec 7, 2017
    DirecTV wants me to return a C41-500. I'm not sure what that is. My DVR is a HS17. They also want my C61 and C61K. I know what those are.

2. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    A C41-500 is a Non-4K Mini -Like the C61-k -- Whatever and When you or how you return it --TAKE picks of all Items as well as the all ID numbers of each unit - and and Tracking Info or should just had it to FEDX or UPS if instructed -GET PROOF of the hand off and Keep it for at least 2 years.

3. Andrew Sullivan

Dec 7, 2017
    As far as I know I've never had a C41-500. They are not requesting the return of any DVR. Naturally I will return the HS17 but I think it's odd that they request C41-500 and do not mention any DVR at all. Should I call them?

4. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Yes as long as your account is still active - I would suggest you call and get your equipment correct -- You should be able to login into your account and view your hardware -- print that page as well -- ONce you close your account - you will no longer be able to access any info or correct anything.

5. Andrew Sullivan

Dec 7, 2017
    Funny thing is, they show the HS17 or Genie 2 on my equipment list yet the email request does not include the Genie 2. I will document it and return it anyway as well as getting a receipt from FEDEX. They show my account as closed yet I'm watching Sports Center right now. They will probably shut it down at midnight tonight.

6. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Just keep all records once your account is gone -It's your word against the collection company