Returning deactivated C41-500, any fee for missing power brick?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by BJP, Oct 22, 2019.

1. BJP

BJP New Member

Jun 3, 2012
    Question about returning a couple deactivated C41-500s.

Our tenant has moved out, leaving us two C41-500 clients to return once we call up and deactivate them. While gathering them up, I noticed that one of them was missing the power brick that provides wall electricity to the client, while the second one still had the brick there as expected. Is DirecTV going to charge me for the missing power brick when I return these? Or is there some kind of alternative setup that may have been in place at install time like power-over-coax or over HDMI input that I've forgotten about, and so never had a second power brick?

Trying to decide if I ought to buy a replacement power brick from ebay or something for $10 to avoid an unreturned equipment fee for the missing power supply.

Thanks!

2. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Been with D* since 2002, never returned a device with a remote or a power cord. Don't know anything about C41s but I'd just send the box back.

Rich

BJP and codespy like this.
  3. codespy

codespy Sorry Bears Fans! DBSTalk Club

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    No reason to send power supply, remotes, etc. Just the IRD’s need to be returned.

Rich and BJP like this.