1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Returning to Directv after a year with Spectrum

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by narrod, Aug 8, 2018 at 8:32 PM.

1. narrod

narrod Godfather

Jul 26, 2007
    Placed an order for a Genie and 5 minis to be installed on August 16th. It took me several tries to get to an AT&T rep. First number I called sent me to a reseller offering a dozen different providers. Asked for a direct number and ended up there again. Finally got to retention and placed the order. Brought back memories of one of the reasons I left a year ago. :)

2. DR2420

DR2420 New Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Michigan
    I take it your Spectrum price went up? Usually they won't do anything about it, either. I had Spectrum as well a month ago, now I'm with DIRECTV. Spectrum just is lacking on the TV side in my opinion. The receivers/DVR's are so outdated/ancient. The picture quality on Spectrum was alright, not great. I placed my order on directv.com, I prefer ordering it directly through the provider, that way I can see everything I am getting right on the screen and I had no issues placing it.

3. CTJon

CTJon Godfather

Feb 5, 2007
    Because I moved I had to go from DirecTV to Spectrum and you folks don't know how lucky you are - sure DirecTV is expensive but it is a much better and easier to use product even with new GUI than what I have now.

4. narrod

narrod Godfather

Jul 26, 2007
    I'm actually paying more because I'm keeping Spectrum 200meg internet. AT&T can only provide 25meg at my address. I like the 6 channel DVRs they have and their Demand. I don't like the picture quality and the like of whole home tips the scales. I gave it a year and don't seen any improvements in the near term.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018 at 8:37 PM
  5. narrod

narrod Godfather

Jul 26, 2007
    If I lived alone I would go OTA and streaming so I could drop all the bloodsuckers. My wife and grand kids gave that a big NO so I'm going back. I was with them for 17 years before the switch.

6. DR2420

DR2420 New Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Michigan
    We don't have the World Box here or whatever it is called, if that is what you are referring to with Spectrum.

7. ericknolls

ericknolls Member

Aug 18, 2013
    New York,...
    Call 1 800 531 5000. It is their national number. Welcome back. DIRECTV is not perfect but you will like the experience. I have been with them since 2007. They have some flaws like other television providers but I learned to live with them.

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

8. narrod

narrod Godfather

Jul 26, 2007
    No cloud dvr. Three separate 6 tuner dvrs that allow 18 simultaneous programs but they can't be shared like whole home.

9. narrod

narrod Godfather

Jul 26, 2007
    I was with them from 1999 until 2017 as they went from the best to just another provider. I agree with you and that's why I'm returning. There is no better choice.

10. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Agreed.

Rich

11. CTJon

CTJon Godfather

Feb 5, 2007
    Some places, like here in Maine, as of a month ago Spectrum was only offering 2 tuner DVR's and no whole home. Hard to believe in this day and age. If you had service already from TWC - you can keep your whole home but not for new people.

12. DR2420

DR2420 New Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Michigan
    That's what Spectrum offers here right now.. 2 tuner DVR, no whole home.