1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RF UHF Signal

Discussion in 'Technical Talk (Closed Forum)' started by kenerly, Dec 19, 2003.

1. kenerly

kenerly New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Is there any device i can buy to increase the RF (UHF) Remotes for my dish receivers? Like a antenna change?

Thx...

2. drjake

drjake Legend

Jun 12, 2002

Yes, you can put an inline UHF amplifier in or altenatively, buy a cheap amplified TV antenna with UHF at Radio Shack or Walmart and replace the antenna that came with the receiver. I am usiing a 30db amplified RCA antenna on a 508 in my basement and it works great.

3. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    The other thing you can try is connecting a piece of coax cable with an rf barrel connector to the antenna input on your receiver to extend the stub antenna up in the air. That works for a lot of users.

4. kenerly

kenerly New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Thanks, I'm headed to Radio Shack.... :D

5. rajeev28

rajeev28 Legend

Oct 16, 2003
    Connecting the Coax helped me out

6. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Guest

Connect the common port of a two-way splitter to the "F" terminal on the back of the receiver that is intended for the RF remote's antenna. Put the tiny antenna on one of the splitter's two parallel ports.

Buy a couple of hi-lo band separator/joiners for a dollar or two. One leg passes 2-6. The other leg passes 7-69, which includes the frequency of the RF remote signal. Connect the low-pass port of the hi-lo band seperator/joiner to the receiver's channel 3/4 output port. Connect the hi-pass port of the seperator/joiner to the other parallel port of the two-way splitter.

Go to the other end of the coax, where you are remotely viewing the channel 3/4 output and from where you desire to control the receiver. Install another hi-lo band separator/joiner there. Connect the lo-pass port to the TV. Put another tiny antenna on the hi-pass port. The chanel 3/4 will travel through the coax to the remotely located TV. The remote's RF signal will travel back along the same coax to the receiver.

I did this in a big hi-rise office building and had no trouble operating a receiver from two separate remote viewing sites 250-300 feet away and two and four floors away in a steel reinforced building with cement slab floors.