RFD TV - HD now live

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by dennispap, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    RFD HD is now live on channels 231 and 9449.
    Nothing on in hd now but maybe later.

2. APB101

APB101 Icon

Sep 1, 2010
    Michigan
    DirecTV subscriber here.

I applaud Dish Network for carrying RFD HD plus some other non-premiums (referring to movies channels) that are pretty basic but not yet available in HD to DirecTV: AMC HD, E! HD, LMN HD, OWN HD, TCM HD, et al.

RFD HD is the latest with Dish Network.

3. MikeL DISH

MikeL DISH DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    Hi there, dennispap and APB101! We were very happy to have been able to add that program with the HD feed to our lineup. That came into effect at 5:00 PM EST last night, so it should be in HD now. If you have any questions, I encourage you to let me know as I would be happy to assist further!

Hope that helps!

4. PokerJoker

PokerJoker Godfather

Apr 12, 2008
    Las Vegas
    All Right! Now I can watch the Super-8-quality footage of old tractors in glorious HD!:D

Keith

5. Grandpa Train

Grandpa Train AllStar

Mar 19, 2005
    I pay for fox soccer + and only get it in SD, now they add RFD in HD. As much as like soccer I will now have to cancel +.

6. VDP07

VDP07 Godfather

Feb 22, 2006
    After a brief browse, it seems as though you've been threatening to leave for at least 4 years now. I could be wrong, but I think *D launched locals in Montgomery last October, I think you previously said as soon as *D carried them you were going to change. I understand you're frustration. I don't understand why you've endured it for so long tho.:confused:

7. TBoneit

TBoneit Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    Super8 may be 4:3 however there is no reason it can't be captured for HD broadcast.

It doesn't have to be 16:9 to be HD. Film has no specific resolution. Some file has more grain than others, notably Low light super fast film as I remember it.

8. PokerJoker

PokerJoker Godfather

Apr 12, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Umm, I know that. I was simply making a joke about the poor video quality of those semi-homemade shows about the old tractors and the old trains.

I guess it would have been more clear had I said "VHS Quality". And that's probably how they were actually shot, not on film.

9. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    DISH Network First to Air RFD-TV in High Definition Nationwide

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., March 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- DISH Network L.L.C. today announced that RFD-TV's high-definition channel, RFD HD, is now available at no additional cost to all DISH Network customers who subscribe to the America's Top 200 programming package or above.

RFD-TV, available on DISH Network Ch. 231, is dedicated to serving rural America with a 24-hour schedule of well-balanced, high-quality, original and family-oriented programs that cover the rural way of life, including agriculture, equine, music and entertainment.

"DISH Network has its roots in rural America, which is why we're proud to not only have been the first to launch and distribute RFD-TV nationally but also to be the first to offer the channel to millions of homes in high definition," said Dave Shull, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. "What's more, DISH Network is the only TV company that gives our customers free HD programming for life, meaning existing RFD-TV viewers won't have to pay a penny more to get their rural news, agricultural features, horse training and informational programming in crystal-clear high definition."

"The beauty of rural America in high-definition is stunning," said Patrick Gottsch, founder and president of Rural Media Group, Inc., owners of both RFD-TV and RFD HD. "From day one, DISH Network has been a great partner in our efforts to expand programming to serve the needs and interests of rural America. We, along with the over 80 independent programmers currently on RFD-TV/RFD HD, appreciate the continued strong support from everyone at DISH Network."

Customers who currently receive RFD-TV a la carte will automatically receive the RFD HD channel. To learn more about DISH Network's HD channel lineup, including eligibility requirements for the HD Free for Life offer, visit www.dish.com.

About DISH Network

DISH Network Corporation (Nasdaq: DISH), through its subsidiary DISH Network L.L.C., provides more than 14.1 million satellite TV customers, as of Dec. 31, 2010, with the highest quality programming and technology at the best value, including HD Free for Life. Subscribers enjoy industry-leading customer satisfaction, the largest high definition line-up with more than 200 national HD channels, the most international channels, and award-winning HD and DVR technology. DISH Network Corporation is a Fortune 200 company. Visit www.dish.com.

About Rural Media Group, Inc.

Rural Media Group, Inc. (RMG) is a privately held Delaware-based "C" corporation, which owns and operates the world's largest portfolio combining rural-based satellite/cable delivered media and entertainment companies. Launched in December 2000 and now in its 10th year of broadcasting, RFD-TV is the nation's first 24-hour television channel dedicated to servicing the needs and interests of rural America with programming focused on agriculture, equine and rural lifestyle, along with traditional country music and entertainment. Production originates in studios located in Nashville, Tennessee, for RFD-TV, RFD HD, and RURAL TV, the company's new international channel. RFD-TV The Magazine now has more than 180,000 paid subscribers for its bi-monthly publication, and the company continues to operate "RFD-TV The Theatre" in Branson, Missouri. For more information, visit www.rfdtv.com.

Source: DISH Network

10. Deke Rivers

Deke Rivers Legend

Jan 8, 2007
    RFD in HD? i didnt think anyone watched this channel :lol:

11. VDP07

VDP07 Godfather

Feb 22, 2006

You gotta be kidding! What about "Polka Fest"?:D

12. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    I've never watched RFD and never will.

13. knot

knot Mentor

Feb 4, 2010
    I never been to california and never will.

Different strokes for different folks!

14. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Hmmm, Gunilla Hutton, Lisa Todd, Misty Rowe and the other Hee Haw Honeys in HD?

Might be time to switch to HD. :)

15. JWKessler

JWKessler Legend

Jun 2, 2004
    I love watching Trains and Locomotives on RFD. It will be interesting to see if those old 8mm films look any different in HD. At least they won't look worse.

16. oldanbo

oldanbo Cool Member

May 20, 2004
    goodness sakes! that is one of the main reasons my wife and I watch. fun, CLEAN entertainment.

17. purtman

purtman Hall Of Fame

Sep 19, 2006
    My sons love the Toy Train shows.

18. inazsully

inazsully Icon

Oct 3, 2006
    Does anybody have a take on the future of this channel? Will the HD stuff disappear on May 5th? Will it be dumped into the Platinum Package? The name Reelz suggests a movie oriented channel so will it perhaps go the way of Pixel?

19. dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    This thread is about rfd-tv, not the reelz channel

20. albert71292

albert71292 Mentor

Aug 19, 2005
    The Hee Haw reruns weren't shot in HD, but should look [I]better[/I] than before, since they will probably be upconverted a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.