1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping Blu-Rays

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by kevinturcotte, May 1, 2012.

1. kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte Active Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Outside...
    What are the best programs to rip Blu-Rays? I ALWAYS want HD audio left in (DTS-HD Master, Dolby True HD). I sometimes want JUST the movie itself, and sometimes I want the entire disc (Though if there were anyway for the program to make it so the disc started right at the Menu, that would be GREAT!). If I rip just the movie itself, I don't want ANY transcoding going on (Keep them in their original MPEG4 AVC format in .m2ts files).

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    I like DVDFab.

3. kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte Active Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Outside...
    I've been using DVD Fab, but it always says that it's converting DTS/LPCM audio to AC3. That's not what I want, is it?
    Also, when I copy the entire disc, is there anyway to make DVDFab go RIGHT to the menu during playback?

4. wingrider01

wingrider01 Hall Of Fame

Sep 9, 2005
    Been using the Slysoft package, steady updates and dependable

www.slysoft.com

5. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    I second DVDFab. Great program.

6. rccoleman

rccoleman AllStar

Oct 10, 2007
    For just grabbing the movie without transcoding of any kind, I love the cross-platform MakeMKV. It's free (at least while it's in perpetual "beta" phase), simple, updated frequently, and works well. It has some issues ripping DVDs at times, but I don't think I've ever had problems with Blu Rays.

Rob

7. pfp

pfp Whatever

Apr 28, 2009
    Clown_bd with AnyDVD HD