DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

rotating dish 1000.2 to get 129?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  HoTat2 
#1 ·
So I was reading some place that I might be getting the 119 110 on the wrong lnb, and that is why the 129 isnt coming through. My lnb is receiving signal in following order 119, 110, 129 for the dish hopper receiver.

#2 ·
You need to keep,in mind that the order of the LNBs is 129,119,110 - HOWEVER - the connectors are not necessarrily in that same order.

What I would do is cover the 129 and probably the 110 LNBs with foil, then get 119 found and peaked, then see if you're seeing 110 /129. You have to use the Check Switch option in the point dish part of the menues.

#3 ·
Tune to channel 101 (info to use remote, read bill, ...) and then hit Menu-6-1-1. That takes you to the point dish screen for the channel you were just watching. For 101, it will be 119, Tr 17. If you now go to the dish and cover the CENTER LNB, it should block reception of anything on 119. If there is no change to signal strength and you can still watch channel 101, the dish is pointed wrong (and your foil is covering 110 sat instead). If it is wrong, you are probably better off instead covering the side LNBs with foil as Scooper described to get 119 sat via the center LNB.

#4 ·
comizzou573 said:
So I was reading some place that I might be getting the 119 110 on the wrong lnb, and that is why the 129 isnt coming through. My lnb is receiving signal in following order 119, 110, 129 for the dish hopper receiver.
If I understand your post correctly, I assume you are seeing something like the attachment below on your Hopper's "Installation Sumary" screen. If so, don't rotate the dish. It is correctly aimed and just needs to be peaked to obtain a higher signal on the affected sat. or sats.

Font Screenshot Watch Technology Gadget

Attachments

#5 ·
VDP07 said:
If I understand your post correctly, I assume you are seeing something like the attachment below on your Hopper's "Installation Sumary" screen. If so, don't rotate the dish. It is correctly aimed and just needs to be peaked to obtain a higher signal on the affected sat. or sats.

Inst. Summary.jpg
Yes that is correct, except for me it is in the order of 110 x conn 119

#6 ·
Looks like I might be dropping dish network tomorrow, i bought my own receiver and they increased my bill from 150 to 237 per month. Did my own install for the dish 1000.2, because the guy didnt want to come and install 1000.2 dish. You guys helped me accomplish my goal, and thank you very much to the wonderful people at dbstalk : ) not dish network. Their tech support knows absolutely nothing, and are just trained to say it doesnt work in hawaii at all.

#7 ·
You didn't say you're in HI in your original post - that completely changes the dynamic.
Alaska and Hawaii get their own Dish 500's along with special spotbeams that should include what ever HD is available for you.

At this point - I think you need to have Dish send a local tech to setup whatever you need for your DIsh setup to work.

#8 ·
scooper said:
You didn't say you're in HI in your original post - that completely changes the dynamic.
Alaska and Hawaii get their own Dish 500's along with special spotbeams that should include what ever HD is available for you.

At this point - I think you need to have Dish send a local tech to setup whatever you need for your DIsh setup to work.
Though this still doesn't account for that outrageous price increase unless there's some kind of mistake.

I agree, being in Hawaii changes everything. The 1000.2 is for CONUS and won't work (at least well) there or in Alaska,

The TS needs to study the thread here for his location; http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/152144-dish-500-hawaiian-style/

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.