1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RSN locator on DirecTV website not accurate.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Bobman, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobman

Bobman Hall Of Fame

Jan 3, 2006
    http://www.directvsports.com/asp/active/RSN_Info.asp?ZipCode=08618

The above is my friends zip code. He just got DirecTV and had no RSN's. I mentioned to him about the above website. According to that he should get 2 RSN's for his zip code but according to multiple phone calls to DirecTV they say he gets 0.

Any ideas ?

2. matty8199

matty8199 Icon

Dec 4, 2005
    That's in CT, right? I find it hard to believe he wouldn't get any...

Perhaps he needs TC+ or above? What package does he have?

3. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    According to the D* web site, "Our TOTAL CHOICE package delivers over 155 quality channels of movies, sports, family and music programming, plus you'll get your local channels." That's the $41.99 package, so he should get locals (including the appropriate RSNs).

The zip code comes up Philadelphia, PA. The RSN channels that come up are 621 and 624 and the teams listed are all New York. (I don't understand why it would not be PA teams, but I'm from the Midwest so some East Coast stuff escapes me).

I know this is a PITA, but I would call D* again (and again, and again) until you at least get an explanation that makes sense. If their own look-up tool pulls up those two channels, what are they looking at that comes up with 0? Maybe even have them kick you to Retention?

Good luck!

4. dstout

dstout Legend

Jul 19, 2005
    Philadelphia's RSN isn't on either DBS provider. Your friend is out of luck.

5. msmith

msmith Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    He is in Trenton. I'm in Hamilton - next door.

Here's the problem. For the purpose of determining which RSN you live in, he is in Philly. Comcast distributes SportsNet over microwave specifically to prevent DirecTV from offering it. However, for blackout purposes, he's also in the NYC area.

I feel for him - I'm in the same boat. The only alternative is cable (either Comcast or Cablevision - probably Comcast for him).

6. matty8199

matty8199 Icon

Dec 4, 2005
    Or to "move" somewhere that would get him the NYC RSNs (if that's what he wants)...

7. durl

durl Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2003
    Does he subscribe to the Sports Pack? I wonder if that would allow him to get a nearby RSN.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.