1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rubicon cancelled

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Indiana627, Nov 11, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
  2. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Damn it! I thought it was very good.

3. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    Man! My hubby and I really enjoyed this. It was hard to follow and you had to pay attention, but so worth it in the end. What a disappointment.

4. theedger

theedger Mentor

Mar 30, 2008
    I enjoyed the series.

5. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    If they were to cancel Mad Men then I would not need AMCHD.

6. klang

klang Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2003
    Near...
    I have it all recorded but haven't watched any. Is it worth watching now?

7. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    Once again, cerebral entertainment goes over the heads of the masses. :nono: Maybe a nice dancing or singing celebrity show will take its place.

8. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Never heard of it.

9. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Very disappointing! But I was afraid the ratings wouldn't support the production with a strong ensemble cast that large.

A show just is not going to get the ratings being that cerebral about the spy business even though it accurately depicted what 99.999% of Americans involved in Homeland Security and NSA efforts on American soil are actually doing, albeit dramatized.

That other 0.001% were depicted with incredible inaccuracy in "24".

But hey, if you watch Jay Leno's Jaywalking, or even political campaigns, one would expect that dramatizing the lives of information analysts stewing over information about distant countries with names unrecognizable to most Americans wouldn't appeal.

I'm still puzzled over why "Mad Men" can pull as many viewers as it does. But I'll take what I can get.

10. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    What was the numbers for that show? I never could get into it like others have.

But love Breaking Bad
    And The Walking DEAD

11. sigma1914

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Very much worth it. It does leave a few small open questions, but there's a solid arch.
    Then, why even comment? :rolleyes:

12. sigma1914

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    I read a post here a few weeks ago mentioning Mad Men's huge viewership in online media & DVR. I'll look for the article.

Edit: Found it...Post - http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=2624418#post2624418
    Article - http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/wat...are_doing_better_you_think.html#ixzz13yDsCZi7

13. 1980ws

1980ws Legend

Mar 18, 2008
    Longwood,...
    Dang. Loved it.

14. Dario33

Dario33 Godfather

Dec 15, 2008
    I have all episodes on my DVR as well and have not watched any. I'll probably burn through them all eventually.

15. Santana

Santana AllStar

May 11, 2010
    Maybe it was more like it went under the heads of the cerebral. The show was incredibly boring and I never once felt intellectually stimulated.

Look at how smart I am; it only took me three weeks to figure out there is something called time zones. All the government agencies and all the other analysts working on this and I am the first to notice that every bomb was going off at twenty minutes past the hour. Now wait for it.....wait for it.....ALL the bombs were actually going off at the same time in different time zones!!! See how I connected the dots. WOW, I am so smart.

16. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Godfather

Jul 9, 2007
    Not surprising, given the ratings, but dissappointing given the quality of the production, writing and acting. It was a great show.

It seems that there is very little middle with opinions on this show. Either it was very good, or very bad. I am, obviously, in the very good camp.

17. SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER Freethinker

Dec 11, 2007
    Mason, MI
    I would have watched if it were in HD.

I make an exception for Mad Men because it's so unbelievably excellent.

18. soloredd

soloredd Legend

Oct 21, 2007
    How disappointing. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the show, looked forward to it every week. Still have them saved on DVR. There was promise with the show and the characters were just starting to create themselves into some very engaging pieces.

Must be because there was no blatant sex scenes, or reality direction, or some also-ran dancers. Truly pathetic we Americans are at judging quality TV shows.

Most irritating is I hate being left hanging after a season finale. The last episode opened up so many questions and now we'll never know what was to happen.

19. HarryD

HarryD Icon

Mar 24, 2002
    Lehigh...
    That's a shame... Rubicon was a great show... I loved it..
    Shows like this can't make it but zombie shows/reality shows can... I don't get it....
    Just deleted all episodes on my DVR... I'll have to buy the DVDs...(only hope they come out)

20. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Godfather

Jul 9, 2007
    You're right. If they had included wife-beating ninja zombies, it would have been a success. It was TOO real for a US (Avatar-loving) audience.

Sigh...