1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rudest CSR I've Ever Spoken To

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by pistolpete52, Dec 12, 2011.

1. pistolpete52

pistolpete52 AllStar

Sep 3, 2010
    So today I decided to cancel HBO. I only had it so that I could watch Boardwalk Empire. Last night was the season finale, and I no longer have any interest in the channel as the movie selection is pretty much blah.

I told the CSR that I wanted to cancel my HBO service. I gave him the reason why, and he told me that I can continue to receive HBO for only $5.99, which would save me $10.00. I told him that I was not interested, to which he answered, "What part of saving $10.00 a month do you not understand?". WTF, I got pissed, something that I never do with a CSR. Told him to just cancel the HBO...that's it. He gave me another wiseass comment, "I guess that you don't like saving money."

I hope that this call was recorded by Directv. I have never been treated this way by a DTV CSR, or any CSR.

2. tunce

tunce Godfather

Jan 19, 2006
    What part of saving 15.99 plus tax does he not understand?

3. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    :lol: The second response was funny, sorry...I laughed. The first part was rude, though.

4. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    Yeah, that was rude AND funny!

I just called to cancel Premier and go back to Choice Xtra. Took about 8 minutes and had to talk to 2 different reps. 1st rep just basically chatted and transferred me.

2nd rep was pleasant but was sure trying hard to get me to keep it. He asked good questions and was not rude at all. Got it changed, saved myself about $35 a month as they had given me discounts last time I tried to drop Premier...

5. txfeinbergs

txfeinbergs Legend

Nov 15, 2005
    I always get offered $20 off a month for Premier. That for me is enough to get me to keep it since we usually are watching at least one show on various movie channels i.e. Dexter, Game of Thrones, Spartacus, etc. You don't even have to try hard to get offered it.

6. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    Yeah, I know. But I wasn't watching anything other than Boardwalk on HBO and it is done until next year. Time to cancel Premier for a bit...

7. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    sounds like the best buy upsells.

8. rrdirectsr

rrdirectsr Legend

Jan 30, 2011
    That is definetely the kind of treatment that no one deserves. I hope the call was recorded as well but even if it wasn't, the thing to remember is that eventually those kinds of employees will eventually get caught. When he/she does I can promise you the correct action will be taken. However, you can go to directv.com and send a complaint. If the call is recorded (most are) they can pull it up and speed up the process.

9. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    The premium channels are just completely worthless IMHO. They give free previews pretty regularly and I usually scan them for Friday, Sat and Sun to try to find a movie I want to record. I think if I had to slap a number on it, I'd say I've got a 0.00000001% record rate. Maybe less. There is just simply nothing on those channels but older, crappy, DTV movies. I think on the last preview I recorded Unstobbable on HBO. That was it for the entire weekend.

10. GordonT

GordonT Legend

Apr 17, 2007
    Are you sure you didn't get Jimmy Fallon?

[YOUTUBE]4Xr9K-fd6JY[/YOUTUBE]

11. HarleyD

HarleyD Hall Of Fame

Aug 31, 2006
    Not to be rude but why didn't you just drop HBO on line?

I find that the web site gives me verly little lip when I make programming changes there.

EDIT to add; You are 100% correct though. This type of treatment form a CSR is inexcusable.

12. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    Can you drop premiums online? I tried to change from Premier to a lower sub level and I had to call in. I thought that was also true of the premiums.

13. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    You are correct in that you cannot remove premium services online.

14. wahooq

wahooq New Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    yea thats horrible you were treated that way...no excuse at all....BTW all correspondence is tagged by a csr id number if you want to escalate the issue...now speaking of boardwalk empire i was thouroughly shocked at the season finale...

15. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    The premium channels and DirecTV Cinema (PPV) to DirecTV are like the concession stand at the movie theatre ($6 for $1 worth of popcorn). That is why they are constantly running "free previews" lately to show customers "what they are missing".

I'm sure the CSR's are told to push push push the premium channels so when someone calls to disconnect one they are told to pull out all the stops to keep that subscription. But there is no reason to be rude, especially in this economic climate. After getting the great discount you were offered, I'd be especially irked considering that if I hadn't called in to cancel I would have continued paying full price!

I used to always have at least one premium but the yearly cost increases for the regular packages, the lousy programming and endless movie repetition, and those annoying interruptions during the movies (that "bug" in the corner and interrupting the closing credits, etc.) have caused me to no longer subscribe.

16. ejjames

ejjames Icon

Oct 2, 2006
    I did a 6 week stint at roadrunner cable internet in 2000. Worst experience ever! One day I found out I got a job at a local tv station. My boss told me I could finsh out the day and be done if I wanted to.

I returned to my desk on top of the world. I was tier 2 support, and a very irate woman had talked to 2 csrs before it was kicked up to me. I apologized profusely that we could not solve her problems. Knowing I was basically out the door, I offered months of free service, and since I had access to the time warner cable side, I gave her 6 months of the premium channels, all while being very polite. When we were done, she spoke to the floor manager thanking me for the help.

I guess the moral of the story is to try and find a csr having a good day.

17. skatingrocker17

skatingrocker17 Godfather

Jun 23, 2010
    Sometimes I wish I could just go there and talk to them face to face, like at a bank or something. I have a feeling the CSRs would be a lot nicer, it's a whole different thing to be rude face to face because there are some people you just don't say those sort of things to.

That makes me angry he treated you that way, it's really none of their business why you want to cancel it, it's your money so it's your call.

18. JeffBowser

JeffBowser blah blah blah

Dec 21, 2006
    I especially like the ones that are passive-aggressive rude, like the one that made me so mad last December. Totally dead receiver - "sir, are you sure it's not your breaker? I want you to take the receiver to another room and plug it in. Perhaps you'll want to call an electrician"... She took me on this merry-go-round for 20 minutes before relenting.

19. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Your first mistake was giving a reason.

Second was to get annoyed.

Yeah, the response was uncalled for, and he/she should be reprimanded, but if that's the worst customer service you've ever received, you're lucky.

20. Xsabresx

Xsabresx Icon

Oct 8, 2007
    That goes both ways though. Too many people think the can treat front line CSRs like scum. Back in my call center days I was called every name in the book and threatened at least once a month.,\