1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rupert Murdoch vs. Wal-Mart: Fight!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by SPECIES11703, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPECIES11703

SPECIES11703 AllStar

Oct 10, 2004
  2. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    :rolleyes: Oh boy

3. tward

tward AllStar

Feb 11, 2003
    Well written!

Did they really mean "Word Domination"?

4. n8dagr8

n8dagr8 Resident Rounder DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 14, 2004
    I like my D* and all but I'm not sure I would consider myself a "loyal follower". :D

5. KingLoop

KingLoop Custom User Title DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 3, 2005
    I still have a Blockbuster membership and occasionally rent (though I more often buy previously view titles) movies there. I buy more DVDs than I rent, and I rent more DVDs than Pay per Views. Since I have a DVR for each of my televisions, I could rent a PPV and record it and keep it as long as I'd like. My opinion is that DVDs are better than hard drive files. I don't think this will stamp out big chains like Blockbuster and Hollywood Video.

6. ntexasdude

ntexasdude Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2005
    I agree, you can take DVD in the car or loan it to a friend.

7. swing

swing Mentor

Aug 12, 2004
    Rupert can't even get CCSN Philly on satellite. His DVR plans are uninspiring.

Walmart succeeds w/ brick & mortar, but lags Amazon in the online world, and correctly put failed gaining marketshare with its online rental service and handed its customers to Netflix.

8. bjflynn04

bjflynn04 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2004
    Technically that is not Rupert fault because CCSN has the Philly Market locked down so tight that it would take a miracle for CCSN Philly to come to Directv or Dish Network. Comcrap absolutely DOES NOT WANT CSN Philly to come to Satellite.

9. stonecold

stonecold Banned User

Feb 20, 2004
    Really shouldnt it be Wal-mart vs Tivo fight.

Because Tivo and Netflix had another late last year they were working on letting the next gen download movies from netflix through broadband connection. and have it be a video on demand type of service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.