1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung Remote Compatibility with Genie and older HR24

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by utbronco, Sep 17, 2018.

1. utbronco

utbronco Mentor

Dec 26, 2007
    I know Directv Remote compatibility is not guaranteed with each and every TV.

I have not been able to find a great code to take over most functionality of the UHD Samsung TV Remote. I can power the TV on and off, I can adjust volume and change TV input. I like to watch Netflix on the TV but the TV remote is tiny and hard to use, would love to use the video play buttons on the Directv remote.

Anyone have experience with great Remote codes for the UHD Samsung TV?

Thanks!!

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Get a good universal remote.

3. Michael McManus

Michael McManus New Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Similar, but a bit different to the post above, I just bought a Samsung television with OneRemote. Its great at capturing and identifying the Playstation, Firestick and DirecTV. Functionality with the DirecTV is a bit simplistic on the remote, but all the basic functions are there - EXCEPT, I can't figure out to quickly begin recording a show. Anyone have an idea of what button or steps to get the DirecTV to begin recording a show we are watching? I have figured out how to record something in the future via the menu, but not on the fly. Again its a 2018 Samsung QLED flat screen with the OneRemote. Thank You!

4. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    We have a bunch of Samsung 4K sets and we don't use the TV remotes to control any peripherals. Tried it and didn't have much luck. Always seems better to use a dedicated remote. The Sammy remotes are never gonna do what a D* remote can do easily...I think.

Rich

Michael McManus likes this.
  5. Michael McManus

Michael McManus New Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Agreed, but I can't get over how fun it is to have truly one remote instead of four. Good point though. I think you might be right to maybe have the DTV remote nearby for the quick record and other similar functions.

6. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I do have a Harmony remote. I have tried them. I just prefer the dedicated remotes.

Rich

Michael McManus likes this.