1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung sound screwed up

Discussion in 'Home Theater Audio' started by Maniwi, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Maniwi

Maniwi New Member

Oct 8, 2018
    So I have a Samsung tv plugged into my Bose soundbar. That connection is a digital/optical cable. There is also a firestick plugged into the tv with an HDMI cable. My problem is that I can only get audio off the firestick through the tv speakers. No sound when I select "external" as a sound source. BUT if I run the sound test on the tv it will play through the sound bar when I have it selected to "external" . It will also play the sound test through tv speakers. any suggestions? The tv is probably 8 years old and the Bose sound bar is this years. I've tested the sound bar with a Vizio and an Insignia tv with no issues. Anybody have a clue??

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Did you try swapping the sockets of the 2 HDMI connections ?

3. Maniwi

Maniwi New Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Afraid I don't understand? There is one HDMI going into tv and that is From the firestick. Do you mean turning the cord around?

4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    No.
    I assumed you had a DirecTV receiver or client hooked up in an HDMI connection and the Firestick in another connection.
    ????
    If the sound worked properly from the same connection then there might be a setting for the HDMI connection in the TV.
    If the sound went to the other connection then it is a problem with the device that the sound is not working properly with.

Please tell us how everything is hooked up.

5. Maniwi

Maniwi New Member

Oct 8, 2018
    It's all in original post. Thanks for responding