1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sanyo 42" LCD Remote Code HR20-100?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by hasan, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hasan

hasan Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    I've tried the codes listed in setup and a bunch from D*'s site.

Could someone give me a clue. I can't control the volume from an RC64R remote on the Sanyo Model DP422647.

All the Sanyo's in Wal-Mart use the same remote codes from a 19" up to the 42" (all LCD HDTVs), so the code shouldn't be a secret.

Help, please!

2. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Southern Ca
    You found a code that gives you power but not volume? With that code programmed in try the following to get the volume:

1. tv
    2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
    3. enter 9 9 3
    4. press SELECT

3. hasan

hasan Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    No, sorry, I should have been more clear. The first step is to try to control volume. I never got past that.

4. hasan

hasan Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    The RC64R remote that came with the new HR20-100 is not acting right. I took an older remote and the standard 10154 code worked first try.

I did notice something "strange" about the new remote. When I have it in the TV position and try to send a command, the TV led doesn't light....the AV1 light goes on. This says to me that somehow (I didn't do it....honest:) ) the remote is programmed to control a home theater receiver instead of a TV. Why it would come from D* that way is beyond me.

How do I clear out the remote (do a reset of the remote). I'll try that before ordering a replacement remote.

5. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Southern Ca
    1. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
    2. enter 9 8 1

6. hasan

hasan Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    That did it...apparently this RC64R that came with a new HR20-100 was not "new", or at least someone else programmed it before I got it.

I'm glad I spotted that strange LED behavior.:)

Resetting the remote and reprogramming it solved the problem. 10154 code worked fine for the Sanyo (first code on the internal remote setup list of the receiver).

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.