1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Satellite Coaxial to ethernet back to Coaxial

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by ShawnGTR, Apr 17, 2017.

1. ShawnGTR

ShawnGTR New Member

Apr 17, 2017
    I'm moving to a condo and not allowed to have dish on my patio nor do I have line of site for my directv dish. I do have line of site from my new place and old home/dish and have access to the dish. I was wondering if there is away to resend the dish signal by microwave dish or a wifi bridge using a coax to network adapters?

I know at one time Directv sold a deca coax to network adapter but was discontinued. This is obviously possible as Directv has wifi receivers such as the Genie HR44 but its wifi distance is limited. I need to go about 600 feet point to point.

Thanks
    Shawn

2. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    They still sell decas but wont work at all for what you want. They are designed for certain traffic over a certain freq.

The line of sight is what will kill you, you are kind of stuck.... Do you own the place or renting it?

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    look for fiber optic option, in Europe we using universal LNBF and it's possible to order one with optical interface...

4. slice1900

slice1900 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Iowa
    If he could run cable from one to the other he could just run coax and use an amp. He's moving to a condo, so he doesn't own all the property between the two locations to be able to trench it.

5. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    The HR44 expects its satellite signals via its RF connectors (satellite input) not via its wifi adapter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    I believe if he could make this work if he can install a Genie at the home 600ft away in the other home hooked up to the dish. He would then hook a DECA up to one of these bridges at the house. Then in his condo he would have the matching bridge hooked up to another DECA, with coax from it going to a Genie Mini.

Long Range Invisible Ethernet Bridge Kit

I'm thinking a slingbox would be a better option though.