Satellite signal lost

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by wukilla, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Jul 9, 2011 #1 of 10
    wukilla

wukilla Cool Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Hello,

I have a VIP 922 and (2) 222 receivers. I've been experiencing a very annoying problem, both of these receivers are giving me error messages that they lost signal. I had a tech come out and he checked everything and determined that my 922 and one 222 had internal issues. So they replaced both. I'm still experiencing this same problem. It's been going on for months, it's gotten so it feels unusual of I don't see the message :confused:. I'm a recent DTV convert, but with the current continuing problem I might just have to eat the early term fee and go back. Do any of you wise dish folks have any clue why this is happening?

2. Jul 9, 2011 #2 of 10
    retiredTech

retiredTech Icon

Oct 27, 2003
    if it is happening to more than one receiver on the same dish then it has to be something common to both.

such as a switch,an lnb, cabling or something in the way of the dish.

need more info on the exact symptoms ( loss on which receivers, which channels(which satellites) time of day ect)

3. Jul 9, 2011 #3 of 10
    wukilla

wukilla Cool Member

Feb 20, 2009
    It appears to happen at any time of day. The sats popping up in the message is 129/110. Multiple channels, showtimes/encore, my locals seem ok. Like I stated earlier, one of my 222's and my only 922 is having this issue. The problem is exactly the same for both sats. The tech said he checked the switch and lines with no errors to report.

4. Jul 9, 2011 #4 of 10
    gokartergo

gokartergo AllStar

Jul 8, 2011
    What dish do you have?? what switch?? If you have 1000.2 or a 1000.4 It sounds like the LNB is going bad.. This is not happening to the third 222???

5. EdJ

EdJ Legend

Jan 9, 2007
    Are you sure that the dish is not looking through a tree/branch toward the satellite?

6. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    If two out of the three receivers are having an issue, it is most likely a LNB assembly problem. If the third is always tuned to channels that aren't giving you trouble, that may be why it isn't showing up there.

7. bnborg

bnborg Icon

Jun 3, 2005
    I had it twice yesterday: Complete signal loss.

The first time I did a front panel reset, the second time a check-switch.

Something wierd is going on.

8. wukilla

wukilla Cool Member

Feb 20, 2009
    It's getting very annoying. Since it costs me each time they come out I'm giving them one last shot at this before I eat the early term and go back to DTV. Last night I couldn't watch any channel that I wanted to and was stuck finding any channel that would tune in.

9. EdJ

EdJ Legend

Jan 9, 2007
    The next time you get the signal loss with no reason (rain, trees, etc), quick run outside and look at the dish. Maybe there is a large bird using the dish arm as a perch and blocking the signal.

10. davejacobson

davejacobson Legend

Mar 14, 2005
    I always like the "checked everything" statement. Does that mean all cable is rg6. Are all the connectors dish approved and good? Are all ground blocks and wall plates rated to 3ghz? Is the system grounded? Sounds to me like you may have a bad connector and loosing power to the lnb so the other receiver is robbing power to try to operate. Otherwise how is the line of sight? Any trees that could cause a problem? If its happening to 2 receivers its not likely the receiver its cable connectors or line of sight.