1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SATLINK WS-6906 help plz

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by SparkyFarky, Jun 14, 2018.

1. SparkyFarky

SparkyFarky New Member

Jun 14, 2018
    ive just brought a satlink ws-6906 device, replacing my older satlink device which couldnt pick up digital signals.
    With the old satlink device i use it to just find sweet spot for high quality and signals when installing antennas.
    Ended up purchasing this newer satlink ws-6906 thinking it could do the same thing but it seems its only for satellite installations..
    So my question is, am i able to config it to just pick up and show me the best position for signal and quality on a ‘free to air’ antenna only?

Any help would be great !
    Thx

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Seems to me you're out of luck when buying Sat-link devices ... no one does support FTA Arial 8VSB signals;
    if you're really looking for local FTA stations in VHF/UHF freqs...

3. SparkyFarky

SparkyFarky New Member

Jun 14, 2018
    Thx for the quick reply..

that’s unfortunate and guess ive shouldve looked carefuly before purchasing it

The vhf/uhf device are useful when i wire up new homes not having to go up and down the roof and not having to re-tune everyones tv, which saves heaps of time...

I dont have a clue regarding satellite tv so not sure wat im gonna do with the new purchase, but appreciate the reply..

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    sell it at ebay

5. SparkyFarky

SparkyFarky New Member

Jun 14, 2018
    lol.. its actually where i brought it from, but yeh most prob sell it on ebay..