1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saturday's NBC Game Rangers Devils

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by dhkinil, May 13, 2012.

1. dhkinil

dhkinil Icon

Dec 17, 2006
    Well, I started the last one in this vein, so.........The Preakness is Saturday and I don't live in NY so NBC's plan for a possible Saturday overtime is???????????

2. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    any on of listed channel
    NBCSN, CNBC, NHL NET.

3. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    In the past, NBC didn't officially announce their plans until the Thursday before the race.

If it is like the Derby, then the first OT will be on NBC, anything past that went to CNBC (although the first announcement was it was going to NBC Sports).

(this thread probably should be under sports programming and not DirecTV General Discussion as this isn't specific to DirecTV)

4. Boston_bill

Boston_bill Icon

Jul 23, 2009
    The game starts at 1pm on Saturday. I doubt it's an issue but alot of NY'ers will be pissed if they have to change channels to watch the end of the game.

If the game goes really late I would say the race goes to NBC Sports Network.

5. adkinsjm

adkinsjm Icon

Mar 25, 2003
    If anyone thinks any part of the game will be on NHL Network or CNBC, they're crazy.

6. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    I agree with you comment about the NHL Network, but why not CNBC? That was the plan if the game last week went past the 1st OT and conflicted with the Kentucky Derby pre-race events.

7. FenixTX

FenixTX Godfather

Nov 11, 2005
    Okay, you are already get worked up over nothing. They will have plenty of time to complete the game and overtime of needed. Why worry about it now? Stress about it of it actually goes longer.

8. charlie460

charlie460 Godfather

Sep 12, 2009
    Actually, in that second announcement they said that 2 full overtimes would be shown on NBC and anything beyond that would be shown on CNBC.

9. Boston_bill

Boston_bill Icon

Jul 23, 2009
    I really don't see it being a major concern. Very doubtful the hockey game goes past 5pm.

10. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    i agree!

11. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    It won't be a concern even if it goes into multiple OTs. I have a device called a remote control which enables me to change to the 'new' channel without even getting off the sofa.

12. charlie460

charlie460 Godfather

Sep 12, 2009
    This.

13. dhkinil

dhkinil Icon

Dec 17, 2006
    So do I, but I also have a device called a DVR and it lets me watch the game at a time of my own choosing and if I do not set it to record a particular channel at a particular time it does not do so, so if it is a very long game I might sit down to watch at, say 7PM local time and miss the deciding goal in the 3rd overtime.

14. adkinsjm

adkinsjm Icon

Mar 25, 2003
    Life is harsh.

15. FenixTX

FenixTX Godfather

Nov 11, 2005
    And that's why you extend the recording time for 30 minutes.

16. islesfan

islesfan Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2006
    Nevada
    Funny thing about that remote, though, it cannot go back in time and change the channels when you get home from life and want to watch the game on your DVR. That is a serious problem for us on the West Coast where all the East Coast games are really early!

17. Boston_bill

Boston_bill Icon

Jul 23, 2009
    :lol:

18. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    I guess I was applying my own ideals where real hockey fans wouldn't miss watching a play-off game live. :D

But in all seriousness, set your DVR for the first four to five hours on NBC and then starting at 4:30 for another three hours for whatever channel NBC announces they will shift to if the game goes into multiple OTs. You'll most likely end up with a bunch of non-hockey recordings, but it is easy to delete those hours later.

19. davidatl14

davidatl14 Icon

Mar 24, 2006
    This!

Rocket Science, it's not.

Should pose zero problems to any Hockey fans out there.

20. dhkinil

dhkinil Icon

Dec 17, 2006
    That is what I will do, but it is hard to do this without knowing which channel. :lol: