1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saving Dolby Digital?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jborchel, Feb 10, 2018.

1. jborchel

jborchel Legend

Oct 7, 2005
    In the Audio section of the menu there is the Dolby Digital choice. On that menu you are offered three choices two of which are Dolby Digital and I think Dolby Digital+/Atmos. When I choose one of them the circle is highlighted but goes away when I exit from that menu section. How do I know that my choice is still active or that the C61 has reverted to the lowest status. PCM or stereo or something like that.

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Just go back there and see what it has highlighted.

3. jborchel

jborchel Legend

Oct 7, 2005
    I did that. No button is illuminated.

4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    You might try resetting the receiver. I have had instances in the past that a choice would not stick.

5. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    I had the same issue when my HR54-200 was on 0x1001. Even though the highlighted indicator went away the discrete bar on my AVR was on indicating Dolby Digital was active. After my HR54-200 was upgraded to 0x1036 the issue was corrected.

jimmie57 and Chadf like this.
  6. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Active Member

Dec 4, 2017
    OK, I asked this before and no one seemed to notice, but I get the choice of DTS in my TV now when watching Directv. Do they provide a DTS soundtrack now or is that just what my tv thinks it is but is actually Dolby Atmos? To answer your question I also show nothing chosen in the audio section but it says the genie will detect dolby digital/Atmos automatically so I just leave it unchecked and it usually works ok.