saving HD from satellite source

Discussion in 'VoomTalk.Com (Closed Forum)' started by ibooksrule, May 16, 2004.

1. ibooksrule

ibooksrule Godfather

Feb 16, 2003
    i want to get voom but since they dont have a dvr i am worried i wont be able to save the HD format. I thought about dvd but that only gets me 480p so i dont know where to go to be able to savge the hd format or at least close to it if i could and i thought about gtting a tivo to keep track of what i want to watch and so forth because i love tivo and th way it works but yea i guess i will sacrifice that for having HD on voom i know you can get tivo HD with D* but i dont want to pay 1000 for something i dont want i mean i dont like D* and i allready have dish and want to get voom. someone help me what can i do to keep my HD and is there any DVR that could be used?
    jason

2. dfergie

dfergie Hall Of Fame

Feb 27, 2003
    As a stopgap measure until a V* dvr comes out, get a Replay box. It is downrezzed, but has a lot better PQ than sd and it is very simple to replace the hard drive. (went from 40gig to 200).

3. ibooksrule

ibooksrule Godfather

Feb 16, 2003
    anyone know what kind PQ the toshiba digital media center tivo offers? since it offers a componet and progressive out.