Say What???

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Bud33, Feb 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bud33

Bud33 Legend

Jan 26, 2006
    I guess I'm getting to old for this stuff. All the abbreviations leave me cold.:confused:
    I spent 20 years in the military and thought they were bad but I guess the new Text messaging craze has left me behind:nono2:
    Time to dig out my 8 track and turntable:)

2. bidger

bidger Hall Of Fame

Nov 19, 2005
    Since you have internet access, I'd suggest that Google is a great resource for clearing up that kind of confusion. You just plug the abbreviation into entry line and hit the "Search" button and if there are multiple entries, you try to narrow it down.

Does your post apply to the R-15 specifically or are you just speaking generally?

3. Malibu13

Malibu13 Lifetime Achiever

Sep 12, 2004
    N.E North...
    Bud33, Welcome to DBSTalk. ;)

I am sure that some of the thread topics are confusing for some to decipher, but the content should better spell out what is exactly meant. Any question you have regarding the R15, please feel free to post.

4. Bud33

Bud33 Legend

Jan 26, 2006
    My post was made after reading numerous posts in the R-15 group although, I guess it could be considered general also!

As an example, I pulled these from one thread.
    CSR, VOD, GUI, SBCHE
    Don't think Google will help:nono2:

5. ISWIZ

ISWIZ Icon

Nov 18, 2005
    Customer Service Rep
    Video On Demand
    Graphical User Interface

SOUTHWESTERN BELL HOME ENTERTAINMENT

6. fredo

fredo AllStar

Dec 1, 2005
  7. I8>DVR

I8>DVR Cool Member

Jan 25, 2006

All but one of those showed up in Wikipedia also, sometimes it can be fairly accurate. You can also get a direct search plugin for it, for use with firefox, if you are using it for a browser.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.