1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scary News

Discussion in 'The OT' started by -, Mar 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

www.washtimes.com/nationa...566262.htm
    The entire story can be found there.

" The report found that 67 percent of respondents said that the United States is a "Christian nation." But more Americans — 75 percent — also said that "many religions can lead to eternal life," not just Christianity."

This is really telling. It looks like 3 out of 4 are ready for one world-wide government and an one world religion. I know the next phase is going to be the uniting of all the "faiths" or religions led by the catholic religion. I had no idea this many people were ready for this. Did you notice how Bush is pushing this by stating that Islam is a religion of peace, reading little muslim stories, quoting the Koran, having a bucnh of them visit the White House and et cetera. Then after 9/11 they had that innerfaith "prayer" meeting including all religions. This is moving fast.

"Four in 10 said "America has no special protection." And just 5 percent of all respondents agreed with religious leaders such as the Rev. Pat Robertson or the Rev. Jerry Falwell that God withdrew protection because of the nation's moral sins."

This tells me that most people think God won't punish sins. Do these morons forget that the wager of sin is death? Haven't they read the Bible? The Bible might be the most bought book but it's obvious that they don't read it.

" Among "highly committed" evangelicals — who are most likely to claim God's protection for America alone — just 12 percent agreed that the terrorists succeeded because God allowed the acts to happen."

So are 88% claiming that God wasn't capable of stoping it? Scary.

"The poll found that the spike of interest in religion after September 11 has subsided."

That didn't last long. And these same people still won't repent after 2 billion are killed by the REV. 9 war.

2. Guest

Judaism does not seek converts, and Jews condemn no other faiths. Jews believe that the Torah, the 5 books of Moses, is the word of G-d. Unlike Muslims and many Christians, Jews believe that any righteous person can have the same chance for eternal life as any Jew. They believe in one
    G-d and one G-d only. The Talmud teaches that G-d offered the Torah to every tribe on Earth, and they all turned it down. He offered to the Jews last, as they were his last choice, but they accepted the Torah and became known as
    G-ds chosen people.

3. Guest

Rage, its very obvious once again that you don't go to, or are active in, a church. You don't understand people who do go to church. As someone who does spend a lot of time in church, working with church people, let me fill you in.
    You are scared because the poll found that 75% of Americans are willing to at least entertain the possibility that there is more than one path to God. You make the assumption that this same 75% of are then ready to unite in a "one world faith." Let me reassure you that while these Americans may believe that there is more than one way to God, these same people are not sure they even want to associate with all the other members of their own local congregation. As far as merger, they don't want to merge with another church of their own denomination, much less merge with another Christian denomination very similar with their own. I have to laugh every time you or some other wacko who doesn't know the first thing about how churches actually functions voices this fear of the impending one world church. I am a minister in a denomination which has as its motto a quote from John 17:21&22, "That they may all be one." When the United Church of Christ was formed in 1957 this motto was chosen because this denomination took seriously Jesus' command that we "be one." However, no further mergers have taken place in the intervening 45 years. We found it just didn't work. Virtually every major merger in the past 50 years found that the resulting denomination ended up the same size as the largest of the two denominations which had merged. Lots of members just weren't happy anytime a merger took place, and left. So today, we still take that motto to be one seriously, but now it takes the form of working together with other people of faith in whatever way we can. I see no way a "One World Church" is going to happen for generations, if ever.

4. Rage

Rage Fromer Member

Aug 19, 2001
    "You are scared because the poll found that 75% of Americans are willing to at least entertain the possibility that there is more than one path to God. You make the assumption that this same 75% of are then ready to unite in a "one world faith."

John 14:6
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

You see, Bogy, there is only one way (path) and the reason people are so screwed up and think this way is because of corporate preachers like yourself that failed to do your job in teaching the Bible. You and others will drink from the cup of God's wrath for not quenching the thirst of possible saints. As for the assumption, the Bible makes it clear that there will be a one-world religion and that the false prophet (next or future pope IMO) will lead over it. And since 75% of the people think there's other ways to God when there is not, this makes them ripe for the picking by satan.

"As far as merger, they don't want to merge with another church of their own denomination, much less merge with another Christian denomination very similar with their own."

They will have their same corporate church but all faiths will be made one at a future date with the philosophy of "there are many ways (paths) to God and we all worship the same god. This is BS and you're going to be a part of it.

Rev 13:8 "And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world."

Well if you think there is more than one path then you are certainly not worshipping the Jesus of the Bible and not in the Book of Life. There are tons of Jesus' out there. Muslims have one, Jehovah Witnesses have one, A Mormon one, and a ton of others.

"I have to laugh every time you or some other wacko who doesn't know the first thing about how churches actually functions voices this fear of the impending one world church."

I get the same laugh every time a corporate preacher thinks he knows everything but doesn't know a damn thing about the Bible. Which Bible do you have, Bogy?
    Do you have a Ukrainian version and you don't understand the letters? ALL will worship satan that's not in the book of life. There is only one real Jesus Christ. Why not open up a KJV of the Bible and read it instead of giving me all this mumbo jumbo crap?

"." When the United Church of Christ was formed in 1957 this motto was chosen because this denomination took seriously Jesus' command that we "be one."

Well if you were really trying to be one then why did you start *your* own denomination? Everybody who starts any denomination is not being one. I read the Bible and that's what I listen to and try to base my life on. IMO, all these denominations are nothing more than corporate churches (man-made religions) to please men and are today's version of the Pharisees and scribes. Jesus, Paul and others always blasted these groups which were nothing more than organized religions like today.

Your heart is wrong, Bogy. Read the Bible and start teaching what's in it and become ONE in the body of Christ. There's still time to do that. The real followers of Christ will become very unpopular and hated very soon like they usually always been. If the world doesn't hate you then you better take a deep look at yourself. The organized religion at that time hated Christ and put him to death. Get out of that system and deliver your people to Christ before he shuts the door.

"I see no way a "One World Church" is going to happen for generations, if ever."

Then read your Bible. The beast is going to use all the military might in the world to force everybody into it. You're either going to have to take the mark and their religion or be put to death. Satan isn't going to come down and give everybody a Satanic bible and declare himself to be satan.

Satan is the great Imitator and he's going to say he's Christ and the false prophet is going to say he's a Christian. They're going to deceive people into thinking that he's god and that this is the 2nd coming. He’s going to use the new translations of the Holy Bible and twist some of it that's already been twisted by deceived preachers or evil ones and he's going to use the current corporate churches to deceive. Satan will not come and give everybody new bibles or build new churches. That would be too obvious and not very deceitful.

Like I said... the Body of Christ is supposed to be as one. People who go to any of these organized man-made religions are in danger. And when they join one of these they leave the body of ONE and hear another Gospel. They separate themselves from Christ. There is only one true Gospel, and all that organized religion has done was to destroy it and seperate the saints.

Neilster1, You’ve been warned. Now your blood is on your own hands.

5. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    What a surprise. Rage you entirely missed the point of my post. And you still understand nothing about churches, and very little about people, and almost nothing about me, even after all these years. Been hitting the "adult beverages" pretty good again, have we?

6. Rage

Rage Fromer Member

Aug 19, 2001
    "Been hitting the "adult beverages" pretty good again, have we?"

I wish. The Bible forbids that so I don't get to do that very often anymore.

"Rage you entirely missed the point of my post."

No I didn’t and I addressed it.

"And you still understand nothing about churches, and very little about people, and almost nothing about me, even after all these years."

You're wrong. I know about you and churches all too well. You got an evil spirit in you. You don't worship the God of the Holy Bible. You use the NIV and all the other perverted text and you worship one of the Jesus' from the link I gave you. Which one you do you worship, Bogy? It's not the Jesus of the Bible because the inspired version of an English Bible is the KJV. No others. Only the words in the KJV are Holy. The NIV isn't Holy. The RSV isn't Holy.
    The NASB isn't Holy. And how do I know? I've read them before and was blinded while reading them until God opened up my eyes. I was reading the NIV and I asked God about some verses that were confusing me. The next day the Lord led me to a link showing me that I was reading a New Age bible. I then did some research and then compared the KJV to the ones mentioned by reading them then I realized that these books gives a different message than the KJV. My life never really changed while I was reading the NIV or my ASV NT, or the living bible. The KJV made me feel the power of God's word and the Holiness of it.

I understand the churches and people (human nature) better than probably 90% of the general public.

And I defitenly know a lot about you after all these years. I've read a bunch of your post and I see an unholy spirit and the bad fruits in you. You refuse to take a stance against sin. I've even seen you take the position of defending abortion, homosexuality, and a bunch of other sin. The Bible states "Thou shalt not kill" and I seen you say that "I refuse to tell anybody that if a family member kills themself that they went to Hell if they dedicated their life to Jesus before." Which Jesus was that? The NIV Jesus?

2 Thessalonians 2

"3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;"

We are now in the time of the falling away which was my point of my first post. And preachers like you are to be blamed. You failed to be Holy and preach Holiness. Not just you but all the corporate preachers.

"8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
    9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
    10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
    11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
    12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

I'm pleading with you, Bogy, time is short. It's not too late to become Holy and learn the truth. The Lord Jesus hates sin and you've been not condemning it. All you have to do is open the KJV of the Bible and ask Jesus Christ to forgive you of your sins and ask him to open your eyes and make you Holy.

BTW, I hope you have a better comeback next time than the crap you just posted above. Or better yet, maybe you will open your blind and foolish eyes and learn the truth.

7. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Rage, I have pleaded with you many times to open your eyes. I have often taken the time to explain in detail what the best texts available to us actually say, with the guidance of some of the best Biblical sholars. But you prefer to believe the wackos you read on the net. Fine. Thats your priviledge. I follow the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, the Son of God. If you prefer to live life as a pharisee, that again is your priviledge. But you have admitted to me that you post your rantings and call people names simply to yank their chains and push their buttons. Yank someone else's chain. I prefer to discuss issues with people who actually have a desire to grow.

8. Sherlock

Sherlock Legend

Mar 24, 2002
    Colorado
    The way I read it, it's not our decision who is and isn't "saved". The Son of God makes the call.

9. Sherlock

Sherlock Legend

Mar 24, 2002
    Colorado
    Chapter and verse please? Last time I read it, the scripture was not condoning being a drunkard, not a ban on consuming alcohol. When Jesus turned water to wine for a wedding celebration, he wasn't going against scripture.

No man can stand in judgment over whether or not another man will be allowed into heaven, not even clergy.

10. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Take a look at this sentence. I wish I understood Greek so I could see the REAL context. However, here is my question:

Was Jesus saing that ONLY those that beleive in me as the Son of God will be allowed into heaven? Or was he saying that He (Jesus) was the one to determine who got into heaven?

Look at the words and not what some one interpreted the words to mean for you. "No man cometh unto the Father, but by Me." It doesn't say, "but by believing in Me." There are no qualifiers there.

Or will Jesus, in His divine mercy, rufuse to look into a just and good man's soul because he didn't pray to Jesus for salvation and cast him into eternal damnation? That would be a little out of character for the Son of Man who rescued whores and theives.

Since the Wedding was brought up... Exactly who's wedding was it? Recently in theological circles (especially those that want to debunk celibate orders) are saying that it may have been Jesus and Mary Magdelane's wedding. I read a very long article about this in a recent publication. I wish I could remember the name of the publication. I read it about two years ago. The evidence was substancial (using both canon and non-canon Books), but very circumstancial.

See ya
    Tony

"Follow the Gourd! The Gourd is the true way!"

11. ka7yak

ka7yak Mentor

Mar 24, 2002
    Rage, you mention that there are many interpretations of who Jesus was. Here is mine.

Jesus, or more correctly Jeshua, was a Jew who told his followers to obey the scriptures. He was a rabbi, and most of what he taught came from the Hebrew scriptures (old testament). He was murdered by the Romans, not Jews, although many Christians have condemned the Jews as his executioners.

In my opinion the Hebrew Scriptures, the teachings of Jesus and the teachings of Paul appear to incorporate three separate and distinct belief systems or religions. I guess I just happen to believe that the Torah and Hebrew Bible is the word of G-d, but you being a Christian, Mormon, Jehovas witness, Catholic, Budhist, Hindu is fine with me. I even accept Muslims as ok as long as they don't try to kill me.

12. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    For those of you who have been following this thread could you tell me where the first part of it is, in other words what thread was Rage responding to in his initial post in this thread. I want to test out the merge thread feature, Thanks!

13. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
  14. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Thanks Tony :)
    This is a realy nice feature

15. Rage

Rage Fromer Member

Aug 19, 2001
    "Rage, I have pleaded with you many times to open your eyes. I have often taken the time to explain in detail what the best texts available to us actually say,"

I don't think those are the best text. Anyway, you didn't answer the charge of condoning and even defending the sins that I mentioned. Instead you try another personal attack.

"with the guidance of some of the best Biblical sholars."

Apostate ones.

"But you prefer to believe the wackos you read on the net."

What whackos, Bogy? All I have to do is read the few little books before Hebrews that tells us about the apostate churches of this time. My first believe is the Holy Bible of God. Maybe you should try that instead of what the "scholars" indoctrinated you with at seminary.

" But you have admitted to me that you post your rantings and call people names simply to yank their chains and push their buttons."

Not true. I said at times I do, but I never said it had anything to do with the Christian faith or religion. I was referring to some of the "conspiracy therories" in the past. Damn, your losing this argument. Anger is the first step to recovery. Get angry, Bogy.
    Also, saying something that I said in an e-mail lacks class.

" I prefer to discuss issues with people who actually have a desire to grow."

People who want to grow or seek out Christ need to read the KJV of the Bible and become a part of the body of Christ themselves. Not seek to know God through an apostate, 501 (c) (3) registered government non-profit organization where you and the other apostates are nothing more than the local CEO of your "church". There are some good churches out there that are part of the body of Christ and teach the God of the Bible, who aren't a non-profit government registered organization.

The door is still open, Bogy.

"The way I read it, it's not our decision who is and isn't "saved". The Son of God makes the call."

Yeah, that's true. But I believe that our actions could be part of His plan.

"Chapter and verse please? Last time I read it, the scripture was not condoning being a drunkard, not a ban on consuming alcohol. When Jesus turned water to wine for a wedding celebration, he wasn't going against scripture. "

There's nothing wrong IMO with consumption of them in moderation, but I like to get blasted. As for the wine Jesus made, I guess that might have been unfermented wine which would have been grape juice.

1 Corinthians 6:10
    nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

If you have a drink or two with dinner then there is nothing wrong with that IMO. I meant to get drunk. Booze is prohibited in any amount to higher members of His church. That can be found in the end of Ezekiel.

"Jesus, or more correctly Jeshua, was a Jew who told his followers to obey the scriptures. He was a rabbi, and most of what he taught came from the Hebrew scriptures (old testament). He was murdered by the Romans, not Jews, although many Christians have condemned the Jews as his executioners. "

Jeshua-- only in Hebrew. It's Jesus in english. Jesus mostly taught his Gospel (new covenant) which was to fulfill the law and to teach grace which is better and is a higher standard than the law. Jesus said that if you do a sin in your heart, then you're just as guilty as breaking the law. The Jews killed Jesus, period. The scribes and Jew leaders are the ones that set him up and turned him over to the Romans to be killed. Pilate wanted to release Jesus because he couldn't find anything he did wrong. The Jews released Barnabas instead and chanted crucify him. The Jews were the real culprit. They killed God's prophets too.

Matthew 27:17
    Therefore when they were gathered together, Pilate said unto them, Whom will ye that I release unto you? Barabbas, or Jesus which is called Christ?
    (Whole Chapter: Matthew 27 In context: Matthew 27:16-18)

Matthew 27:22
    Pilate saith unto them, What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ? They all say unto him, Let him be crucified.
    (Whole Chapter: Matthew 27 In context: Matthew 27:21-23)

Matthew 27:24
    When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.

I disagree with the rest of what you wrote too.

"Was Jesus saing that ONLY those that beleive in me as the Son of God will be allowed into heaven? Or was he saying that He (Jesus) was the one to determine who got into heaven? "

Both. He wrote the Book of Life before the world was made, and only the people who are saved by his blood will get into Heaven.
    He knew all the results of men/woman IMO before we were made.

Ephesians 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith–and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God–

Romans 10
    8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
    9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
    10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Note: all these might not be from only the KJV. The thing defaulted to another on me somewhere along the line.

"Look at the words and not what some one interpreted the words to mean for you. "No man cometh unto the Father, but by Me." It doesn't say, "but by believing in Me." There are no qualifiers there. "

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
    3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
    4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
    5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
    6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
    7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
    8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
    9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
    10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
    11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
    12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
    13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

It's quite clear to me. No man cometh unto the Father but by Him. What other qualifyer do you need? The entire NT is the qualifier.
    You can't open a novel in the middle of it and expect to know what's going on. You have to start at the beginning of the New Testement and read through it.

"Or will Jesus, in His divine mercy, rufuse to look into a just and good man's soul because he didn't pray to Jesus for salvation and cast him into eternal damnation? That would be a little out of character for the Son of Man who rescued whores and theives. "

1 Corinthians 6
    9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
    10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
    11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

There are many other examples. Romans 1 is good. My advice is to read the NT to learn about Jesus and who he was and learn the Holiness of God and Jesus. The real Jesus/God hates sin and will judge it.

Exodus 20:5
    Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
    (Whole Chapter: Exodus 20 In context: Exodus 20:4-6)

Exodus 34:14
    For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

16. Rage

Rage Fromer Member

Aug 19, 2001
    My post was too long so I had to add part 2:

"Since the Wedding was brought up... Exactly who's wedding was it? Recently in theological circles (especially those that want to debunk celibate orders) are saying that it may have been Jesus and Mary Magdelane's wedding. I read a very long article about this in a recent publication. I wish I could remember the name of the publication. I read it about two years ago. The evidence was substancial (using both canon and non-canon Books), but very circumstancial. "

It was? I didn't see that part. The Wedding is when the resurrected (1st one) and the live in Christ are called up for the supper before he comes and destroys the armies of the Gentile power in the battle of Armegeddon.

1 Corinthians 15
    51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
    52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
    53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

Last trump!!!

1 Thessalonians 4
    14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
    15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
    16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
    17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Which trump? Last one.

Matthew 22 has a parable about it.

6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
    7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
    8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
    9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
    10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
    11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
    12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
    13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
    14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
    15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
    16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
    17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
    18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
    19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
    20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
    21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

The stuff you read is pure evil and perversion and these aren't strong enough words for it. I will meet the Lord in Heaven and have "grandstand seats" when he destroys the armies of the world.

God Bless!

17. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    " People who want to grow or seek out Christ need to read the KJV of the Bible and become a part of the body of Christ themselves."

Rage, I'm sure you are aware that the KJV of the bible was compiled only about 500 years ago from texts written from 1500 to over 3000 years ago. I'm sure that you are also aware that many books and accounts of the same period were left out sometimes due to 100% politics between different factions of the government and religion then commissioning the project. If you ONLY look at the KJV of the bible and not any of the texts that surround the formation of this incomplete book, you will have a very narrow view of the same God we all pray to. For example, please point out for me where the KJV of the Bible mentions anything about the Holy Trinity?

The three passages that you clipped out were very interesting. But where does it say He was unmarried? Any reading that excludes that possibility is not in the words, but in the interpretation of the words.

The story of the KJV of the Bible is very interesting. I'm not discrediting the translations or the holiness of the original texts, just the editorial process.

And Rage, your lack of humility may not looked upon fondly by God for only He will judge who is righteous and who is not. Judging yourself to be with "the Lord in Heaven and have 'grandstand seats' when he destroys the armies of the world" is the ultimate in blasphemy and presumptuousness don't you think?

18. Rage

Rage Fromer Member

Aug 19, 2001
    "Rage, I'm sure you are aware that the KJV of the bible was compiled only about 500 years ago from texts written from 1500 to over 3000 years ago. I'm sure that you are also aware that many books and accounts of the same period were left out sometimes due to 100% politics between different factions of the government and religion then commissioning the project. If you ONLY look at the KJV of the bible and not any of the texts that surround the formation of this incomplete book, you will have a very narrow view of the same God we all pray to."

1. I believe that the KJV was the english version given to us that was blessed by God. It's not perfect because mear men who translated it made some (a few) mistakes because man is not perfect. I also believe that the "newer" versions are new translations rather than an "update" who use some other text that I don't think were from God. Then these new translations are copyrighted when I don't believe any man has the right to copyright his word. All I will say is for you to do some research on all the different versions and make your own decision. Then it will be between you and God. I was just stating what God has shown me to be the truth. I'm not here to argue about it, I'm just telling you what was revealed to me. 2. I don't believe that the KJV is an incomplete book. IMO, that argument is caused by satan to cause some doubt and to deceive some people in the future.
    I do not believe my was is "narrow" because I believe it's a complete book.

Matthew 7
    13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
    14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
    15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

"The three passages that you clipped out were very interesting. But where does it say He was unmarried? Any reading that excludes that possibility is not in the words, but in the interpretation of the words. "

I told you what it was and what it meant. You'll have to read it for yourself and come to your own conclusion if you don't like mine.
    If He was already married then why would there be a need for the coming Wedding? Simple logic would answer that.

"And Rage, your lack of humility may not looked upon fondly by God for only He will judge who is righteous and who is not. Judging yourself to be with "the Lord in Heaven and have 'grandstand seats' when he destroys the armies of the world" is the ultimate in blasphemy and presumptuousness don't you think?"

No. The context of the saints Wedding in the air with the Lord precedes His coming to destroy the armies of the world.

Rev. 19:14 "And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean."

The saints (including me) are his army described above. The saints will get a new body during the Wedding and we will be in a sinless body which is described above as clothed in fine linen, white and clean by His blood. Your point about Humility was addressed in the "Kinder Rage" thread. As for your last point the answer is hell no. The Bible tells us what will happen to his saints and the people who are not.

*Matthew 22 has a parable about it.* I made a mistake by not indentifying the quote from verse 6 to verse 21 under this heading. What I wrote came from Rev. Chapter 19. The above was only a reference to a parable about the Wedding in Matthew 22 for you to read on your own. Sorry for any confusion.

19. ka7yak

ka7yak Mentor

Mar 24, 2002
    Rage, you are free to think the KJV is blessed by G-d, but I don't think it is, and it's not as accurate as some believe. Some scholars think that the Greek Christian scriptures (new testament) was actually translated from Aramaic. In the Aramaic version the "camel" passing through the eye of a needle is a miss translation as the Aramaic word for "rope" which is close to the word "camel" in letter format. Also in the KJV version of the lords prayer, Jesus says "lead us not into temptation". Jews, including Jesus, would consider it heresy to say or think that G-d would lead one into temptation. The Aramaic reads "and let us not be led into temptation".

The most accurate translation of the Hebrew scriptures( Old Testament) is the Tanach by the Jewish Publication Society, and most scholars, including Christian scholars agree.

Rage, I have read Christian Scriptures extensively, even a version called the "Jewish New Testament". Instead of anger and condemnation I find a theme of love and acceptance and a vision of a way to create a better world.:wave:

20. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Rage, you again missed the point and spent a huge amount of time answering the wrong question. The whole wedding inference had nothing to do with the wedding at the end times, but the wedding in Cana. The one where Jesus made gallons and gallons of the best wine anyone had tasted. Speculations are that the wedding was that of a friend, a brother, sister, or other relative, since Mary, Jesus' mother, was also there, or as was mentioned here, that it was Jesus' own wedding. Part of the reasoning for why Mary comes to Jesus and asks him to do something is that Jesus showed up with twelve disciples who drank more than their share of the refreshments. Jesus answer to his mother, "What concern is it of mine," weakens the case that it was Jesus' own wedding, IMO. This would very much be his concern if it were his wedding. His honor for the rest of his life would be cast in doubt because he had not properly taken car of his guests needs. Which would also be his mother's point if it happened to be his brother or sisters honor which would be cast in doubt because of Jesus thirsty friends.

Rage, you certainly do prove the point that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. I see you are now backing off from your previous position, that the KJV is the perfect and directly delivered word of God. Now you admit it has errors.

Rage, it certainly is interesting to see how you can quote the passage saying that drunkards are among those not acceptable to God, admit you drink to get blasted, that you have not stopped this activity, just cut back, and then go ahead and proclaim your certainty that you are one of the saints, and condemn the rest of us because we don't meet your standards. Fortunately, we don't have to meet Rage's standards, just God's. And God is a whole lot more forgiving and accepting than Rage is. Believe me, I am much happier having God as my judge than Rage.

Rage, I again encourage you to give up your career as a Pharisee, and try being a Christian. It is much more satisfying, and it's actually what Jesus wants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.