1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scheduling recordings remotely

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by john payne, Feb 22, 2013.

1. john payne

john payne Mentor

Apr 23, 2009
    Can you schedule a recording through the dish app on an Iphone like you can with Directv?

I have 2 hoppers (1 with sling) and 2 joeys.

I don't have internet service at my house, but have always been able to with Directv.

2. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    Yes, but without an IP connection, the limit is 5 timers in a thirty minute period.

3. john payne

john payne Mentor

Apr 23, 2009
    I can't get anything to record. I have selected either hopper to record on. It acts like it should record but nothing happens on the dvr.

4. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    Odd

5. john payne

john payne Mentor

Apr 23, 2009
    I have de-installed the app and then re-installed it. Does anyone have any different suggestions?

6. fwampler

fwampler Legend

Dec 2, 2005
    Do you give it time to connect to your dvr? Takes a few seconds. The green fau led lights up on the computer screen when it is ready. Mine always works. After adding the timer I can then also access the timer options from another menu.
    Setting up the timer online always gives the timer the highest priority whereas with the remote it is always the lowest priority. Sports set up online require editing to add time at the end whereas with the remote do not require added time. Go figure.