Sci Fi HD on DISH?

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by paulcdavis, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 3, 2007 #1 of 35
    paulcdavis

paulcdavis Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 22, 2004
    Any hope we'll get SciFi HD on DISH anytime soon so we can see Eureka and Galactica in HD?

Paul

2. Nov 3, 2007 #2 of 35
    HobbyTalk

HobbyTalk Hall Of Fame

Jul 14, 2007
    Pick any of the below as that has as much of a chance of being right as any opinions you will get here :)

1) Yes
    2) No
    3) Maybe
    4) Never

3. Nov 4, 2007 #3 of 35
    zlensman

zlensman Legend

Jan 15, 2006
    At least you are not being unreasonable, Paul. Except for "BSG: Razor", Galactica won't be back until April. Eureka is a summer show, so it shouldn't be back until July. By that time, E* may have new satellites in the sky and plenty of bandwidth for more HD. The magic 8-ball says, "signs point to yes". :)

As for Razor, San Francisco is one of the very few cities that will be showing it in theaters on the big screen:

http://www.battlestarevent.com

4. Nov 4, 2007 #4 of 35
    texaswolf

texaswolf Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2007
    yeah, exactly...call E* themselves and they will tell you they don't even have a clue

5. Nov 5, 2007 #5 of 35
    archer75

archer75 Godfather

Oct 13, 2006
    Galactica is supposed to be back in January.

6. Nov 6, 2007 #6 of 35
    Brad B

Brad B Cool Member

May 26, 2006
    Was pushed back to April 2008. Bummer!

7. Nov 6, 2007 #7 of 35
    KTrentLR

KTrentLR Legend

Nov 3, 2007
    Don't be too bummed; Currently, there are not a lot of HD shows on SciFiHD. (Stargate A/SG1, Eureaka, etc.. are all SD)

8. Nov 6, 2007 #8 of 35
    jkane

jkane Icon

Oct 12, 2007
    I watched a couple old SGA's on one of the channels in the HD package. Picture is awsome! Would be VERY happy if dish found a way to squeeze SciFiHD into the line up. It's the only one I know of we (dish customers) don't get that I would really watch.

Not sure even HD could save Flash. ;) I keep watching that horrible show for some reason I can't explain. Acting is aweful, and plots are predictable. I guess it is because they keep a story line, but end each show so they can be watched withouth leaving viewers hanging each time like most modern shows try to do.

9. Nov 6, 2007 #9 of 35
    jrb531

jrb531 Icon

May 28, 2004
    Call 4 times and you will get each of those answers :)

-JB

10. FogCutter

FogCutter Godfather

Nov 6, 2006
    Flash has potential. A decent editor could breathe life into it, acting aside. As it stands I agree, HD isn't enough. 3D HD wouldn't do it. The rift thing dispells the need for spaceships tooling around but I suspect was developed more for budgetary than story telling reasons. The show is Flash Gordon in name only. And the Birdmen were pathetic.

Oh well.

As far as SciFi HD, I learned from the external HD thing not to invest any energy in speculation. Until the picture is on the screen nothing E* says or doesn't say matters. Could be today, might be a couple of years from now. Charlie could be at my front door promising and I still wouldn't believe it.

I bought an HD DVD player to limp along until the content perks up, and I was surprised to see that the disc gives better PQ than anything I've seen from the 622. Better detail, color depth and saturation, just better.

I'm not complaining, but I'm not cheering, either.

11. DIRECTV-11

DIRECTV-11 AllStar

Apr 2, 2007
    Just waiting for my cousin to launch. AMC-14, 1st Q of 2008.

12. KTrentLR

KTrentLR Legend

Nov 3, 2007
    Please don't hang me, but I do have DTV and in their guide Stargate Atlantis shows as SD in the guide. I'll have to look closer... Thanks for the info...

13. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    I'd be even happier if it wasn't squeezed when it's added. ;)

14. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    I heard there's not much HD on it.

15. texaswolf

texaswolf Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2007
    Regardless ...I want to see the shows that are in HD...

How funny that now Cablevision has added CNN HD and getting ready for Weather channel HD...not that i care about those all that much...but I think it's funny that the "HD LEADER" doesn't even have them...yet every damn cable company and D* do

I know I'll hear the "who cares about those channels" comments...but those are becoming pitiful claims by us E* customers still hanging on to the "HD LEADER" claim. If they really were, they would already have what the second rate cable companies are offering.:nono2:

16. Hound

Hound Icon

Mar 20, 2005
    There is a post over at DSLreports that Comcast has added Sci Fi HD in
    Frederick, MD.

17. mattopia

mattopia AllStar

Oct 30, 2007
    Lucky sons'a.....

Well, at least we know it's not a D* exclusive.

18. texaswolf

texaswolf Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2007
    great...should be interesting to see if they add it for good before E* does...to go along with TWC and CNN...they already claim to be the HD leader over D* in quality (or something)....next you'll see them promoting "channels you won't find on E*"

19. HDlover

HDlover Godfather

Jul 28, 2006
    Comcast doesn't need to add the channel, they could simply put the few HD shows "OnDemand". E* ought to do it with their "DishOnline"-mpeg4.

20. texaswolf

texaswolf Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2007
    E* doing something is the first step....hopefully it will be soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.