Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by SledgeHammer, Mar 2, 2019.
Thanks for the information! First time in our long DirecTV history have we seen something like that.
Like Slice mentioned, we're in peak Spring sun fade this week, and today was actually the day where the outages are supposed to be the longest. The time you posted those outages are pretty much exactly when the sun outages would have been happening in LA for SES-3, where DirecTV picks up El Rey's C-Band feed, and Galaxy 14, where DirecTV picks up ESPN's C-Band feed.
This has nothing to do with Sledgehammer's issue though, since there is no sun fade at 12:44am ET when he posted about his outages.
So I opened up the attic and I might have found the problem. In the summer, my AC went out and I had to replace the whole system. The idiots buried my SWM8 in the insulation and it was pretty hot when I dug it out.
Looks like my 103 is completely out now. I guess I'll try to replace the multi-switch before I call in DTV.
Good thing it didn’t start a fire.
My thoughts exactly. The company was recommended by my parents who used them on 2 houses and had no problems (different crew I guess) and several friends houses. They were one of the few companies who didn't run rip-off prices in the summer and they didn't use garbage equipment. I got quotes for Goodmans (which are junk) with almost no warranty for a complete system for 8k to 10k. This company used American Standard Silver with 10 yr warranties.
I had a slew of problems with them:
1) left a 6ft scratch on my concrete patio where they dragged the condenser into place
2) various drywall damage (which they repaired, but no very well)
3) moved my OTA antenna and bent it... not sure why, it wasn't near the units
4) buried the SWM8 in insulation
5) ripped the chunk of insulation off the attic trap door and threw it over the SWM8
6) dented my closet door getting the attic units in & out
7) then I had to call them back 3 times for issues. A/C stopped working after a few days (wire came loose), vibration issues (they installed isolating pads), heater didn't work (they didn't open the gas valve in the attic). And that's of course not counting 2 missed service appointments.
Sounds bad, but I'd probably have had the same issues with other companies AND paid $4k more then I did with these folks.
Yup. It was the SWM8. Swapped it out tonight and I'm back in action. Nailed it to the rafters so it won't get cooked again.