1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scores Continuous at Bottom of Screen for ESPN and ESPN 2 Games

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by Msguy, May 25, 2003.

1. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    Is anyone else tired of These Continuous scores being shown at the Bottom of the screen by ESPN? With any game broadcast now by ESPN they have scores of other games continuous at the bottom. I also noticed that During Atlanta Braves games on TBS they show scores of other games at the start of EVERY half Inning. I am getting so Tired of this. I don't mind if the screen gets smaller every once in a while during a game to show scores of other games like they used to do. But God PLEASE Stop doing this ESPN. I don't like it I like the way the Fox Sports Net Regionals air games better. The Score at the top of the screen of that game going on is fine. But Do we continuosly have to know the scores of other contests? ESPN 2 Started this Coninuous Score Showing with there "Bottom Line" and now I noticed recently ESPN's regular channel is doing this more and more. What Gives with this?

2. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    It's supposed to be for the sports fan 'on the go' or for the fantasy sports fan.

I like it though, because I'm just a big baseball fan and I like seeing the scores for other teams.

3. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    As well as checking the score during those E* Cleveland Indian Blackout games......:D

4. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    :lol:......I really didn't want to mention that, but your right.

5. shy007

shy007 Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 11, 2003
    I thought the scores at the bottom were kinda tacky myself. You can turn it to ESPNEWS anytime you want or go to computer. I guess if one does it, they all will do it. I guess we have no say in the matter.

6. Ryan

Ryan Icon

Apr 24, 2002
    These things should be part of a closed captioning-like capability of the broadcasts and receiving equipment. That way, you can turn it on if you want, or leave it off.

It seems that a move to digital technology would allow for such capabilities. This is why TV is behind the curve technologically, and fears advances like PVRs. We're all supposed to be grateful with whatever they beam to us, and have no control over it. They control the horizontal, they control the vertical, they control the bottom line.

7. bills976

bills976 Godfather/Supporter

Jun 30, 2002
    Ryan-

Current technology does allow for the "bottom line" scoreboard to be hidden. ESPN and Wink interactive have a software application which runs on all D* wink enabled receivers that allows users to look at updated scores, news, etc WITHOUT leaving ESPN(2). Unlike Dish's pitiful excuse for an interactive app, this one is actually up to date.