1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Search/autorecord stopped working

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by dhammon2, Apr 3, 2013.

1. dhammon2

dhammon2 Cool Member

Aug 6, 2007
    I have a search auto-record that had worked for many months but stopped working, not sure when, because the new baseball season just started.

I have a HR21-100, the search stopped working for AALL CARDINALS CCHAN671 NNOT POSTGAME PREGAME KIDS & SPORTS & BASEBALL. I tried doing a search of ALL CARDINALS CCHAN671 & SPORTS & BASEBALL and that does not return any results either. I have tried several other similar searches with no results.

There was an update ox66d received yesterday at 3:08 am but I am pretty sure the search stopped working before that.

I have a HR20-700 in the bedroom and the same search/autorecord still works.

I tried searching this forum but did not see anything newer than 2008.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Did you delete the search string and then renter it?

3. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Try changing CCHAN671 to CCHANS 671. They added an 'S' to 'CCHAN' a few releases ago. I think either worked for a while, but apparently only CCHANS works now.

4. dhammon2

dhammon2 Cool Member

Aug 6, 2007
    That worked. Thank you very much. I wonder why the HR20-700 still works with cchan671?

5. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Good question!

6. dhammon2

dhammon2 Cool Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Looks like the character limit is shorter it stopped letting me enter after ALL CHARDINALS CCHANS 671 LIVE NNOT POSTGAME PREGA & SPORTS & BASEBALL. but this works good enough. It did pickup a show called Cardinals Live but I guess if I want to limit the results to live games and not replays I have to live with that.

Thanks again.

7. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    You don't need the AALL in that search, so that should free up a few characters for you.

8. dhammon2

dhammon2 Cool Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Perfect!

I tried "cardinals cchan 671 nnot postgame pregame kids & baseball & sports"
    and that worked just as I needed it to, it captured all the games and not the "Live Cardinals" which had pregame in the comments.

Then I noticed I forgot the s on cchan so I tied "cardinals cchans 671 nnot postgame pregame kids & baseball & sports" and that worked too.

So now I have 2 options in case one stops working again.

This is my #1 thing to auto-record, so thank you very much Steve.