Searching by channel

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by Bill Fuerst, May 30, 2019.

1. Bill Fuerst

Bill Fuerst New Member

Apr 1, 2017
    I just switched to Dish from DirecTV, before that I had a TiVo using a cable card with Time Warner Cable/Spectrum. On both DVR’s I could pull up the guide and then arrow to the left and select the channel. I’d then get a listing for that channel only. I’ve had dish for about a week now and I can’t seem to find a way to do this on the Hopper 3. It’s not the end of the world to be able to do this but it would be nice if I could. For the past probably 10-15 years it’s how I’ve found programs to record. Sorry if this has been discussed. I did a search for “search by channel” and didn’t find anything.

2. Bill Fuerst

Bill Fuerst New Member

Apr 1, 2017
    BTW, I have discovered that I can press the skip forward button in the guide to jump ahead 2 hours. So far this is the closest thing I’ve found to do what I want.

3. NYDutch

NYDutch DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Dec 28, 2013
    As you found, "SKIP FWD" advances the EPG by 2 hours. In addition, the ">>FWD" button advances the listings by 24 hours. Pressing "BROWSE" without the EPG displayed adds a scrollable listing for the current channel at the bottom of the screen that responds to the arrow keys.