1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season Pass for White Queen

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by JerryMeeker, Aug 10, 2013.

1. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    I set up a Seasons Pass for White Queen to record all new episodes. I noticed it wasn't recording this evening, so I checked the guide entry. The episode at 8PM Saturday, 8/10, shows it first aired on 6/16. I thought tonight's episode was the series premier episode. I tried changing the Seasons Pass to record all episodes, and it still won't record, forcing me to manually select each episode for recording.

What causes this behavior, and is there a workaround?

2. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    They're using the BBC One air dates in the listings.

3. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    I'd guess bad encoding by Tribune Media Services. I, too, noticed some erratic behavior, so I will do manual for the next few- do you know how many eps there are to be?

4. Richard

Richard Legend

Apr 23, 2002
    South Texas
    They did the same thing with Continuum on SyFy.

5. spartacvs

spartacvs Mentor

Dec 29, 2011

6. DrZ

DrZ Godfather

Nov 13, 2006
    BBC-America's Broadchurch does this too. Lists the ITV March air date.

7. celticpride

celticpride Icon

Sep 6, 2006
    One of us needs to contact tribune,I have verizon fios and had the problem trying to record a season pass of motive on abc and continum on syfy. I thought thiwas only happening on my tivo with fios!

8. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Can one really contact Tribune Media Services and get results? Or can DTV contact them on our behalf if we report it?

And why won't the program record if I set the Season Pass to record all episodes, whether new or repeats?

9. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    It will record properly if you set it up to record "both". Don't worry about recording the same episode over and over. The DVR keeps track of what it's recorded for the last "X" number of days and won't record duplicates regardless of what setting you have in the season pass.